bulgaria abc braaap epic trails epic tales ..

Where you've been and what you done
catcitrus

Re: bulgaria abc braaap epic trails epic tales ..

Post by catcitrus »

Today (after finding a nice little campsite east of Reims for 8 euros on thursday-- after travelling through Switzerland--making best use of the 40 Euro vignette!) I rode to Calais, and finally got home to Market Deeping at 7 pm--a long day. The little Yam has spent many hours at 60 to 65 mph and never missed a beat--and I have a Seat Concepts seat fitted and, believe it or not, no real rear end problems--I reckon largely due to a relaxed and well set up riding position. I camped every night on the way out and back--and carried all sorts of spares which Murphy's law said I didn't need. However, my 12v "dremel" was used at the hotel(not by me!) , and the "Sugru" I carried fixed the split energised water pump seal on an XR650!If there is interest I'll do a trip report--I have about 70 pics to go through. I guess I must have covered well in excess of 4k miles since 17th April--and that includes 9 days at the hotel base near Samokov. You don't need a big bike to travel, although I do have the Tiger 1050--but that won't go down a steady trail or go on a beach!
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

nice one chris ...glad you home ..great ride you had keep well
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Beach did u say Chris ?
FB_IMG_1494659346284_1.jpg
FB_IMG_1494659346284_1.jpg (31.63 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Being on "roadish" tyres actually keeping upright was a challenge--and I didn't want to get roosted either--so it was a gentle start--I didn't know that a wheelying CCM was even slower at the start! What is worthy of note is earlier the lovely meal we had further around the lake on a terrace--there was professional drone footage taken which may well come out soon(amazing piece of kit that is so stable and flies so high)--both of the meal and on the beach. Bulgaria is really very nice in terms of QUALITY, SCENERY, PEOPLE, ACTIVITY, and IMHO way better than northern Greece (which I rode through twice)--it looks as thought 3/4 of the population live in the cities and the rest is sleepwalking--great EU roads but with NO traffic even though they are free to use for Greeks --and nothing happening much with regard to industry or agriculture--just a few historic sites. Don't get stuck on the main motorways in Greece--there are NO services.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

slightly off topic--Oz next?--anyway--the crosstrainer looks very useful!!
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

catcitrus wrote:If there is interest I'll do a trip report--I have about 70 pics to go through. I guess I must have covered well in excess of 4k miles since 17th April--and that includes 9 days at the hotel base near Samokov. You don't need a big bike to travel, although I do have the Tiger 1050--but that won't go down a steady trail or go on a beach!
Yes please (thumbs) I thought you were going on the Triumph :huh:
one-legged adventurer
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Too easy!!--plus I wanted to explore as much as possible and also see if a small bike would do it. I could have shipped knobblies and changed out there--but then the chances of either personal or bike damage would have been high--as you can see from the vids trails were/are challenging. As it was I was able to gently explore in places the Triumph would not go--and to be frank off the main roads the conditions were pretty rough--a soft trail bike is ideal. If I go again I will ship a bike with knobblies!--the Mefo explorers could do the trip again--and handled really well--even fully laden Alpine twisties were fun. So far I have 80 pics uploaded to photobucket but the order is random--at least I can now do a trip report and add pics in slow time.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”