GSA's can go anywhere.......

Where you've been and what you done
-Ralph-

Re: GSA's can go anywhere.......

Post by -Ralph- »

kito wrote:Let's face it 99% of us can't do and never will do what the likes of Simon pavey do in those promo videos
Simon Pavey also knows exactly where he can and can't take a GSA when making those promo videos! ;)
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

-Ralph- wrote:
kito wrote:Let's face it 99% of us can't do and never will do what the likes of Simon pavey do in those promo videos
Simon Pavey also knows exactly where he can and can't take a GSA when making those promo videos! ;)
Of course he does, he's walked the course beforehand and analysed the risks
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

-Ralph- wrote: It probably was the wrong tyres in this instance, but that means the bike wasn't suitably equipped to take it down a route that was muddy.
Lets just be clear.........none of the trails done at the weekend were unsuitable for a GSA. They were all straight forward lanes. That doesn't mean they were not challenging in parts for the big bikes. But it was a big bike friendly route suitable for novice riders.

Accidents happen and they could happen anywhere. Yes, there was mud at the section where the incident occurred, but nothing serious. Just bad luck on the riders part....and very unfortunate that there was a drop close by.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

johnnyboxer wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
Of course he does, he's walked the course beforehand and analysed the risks
Yeah well, no matter how capable or suitable the bike, there's occasion that not doing that can leave you stranded. I wish I'd walked through a river one day before riding through it on my XT600! Still it's half the weight of a GSA so Specialone and I pulled it out fairly easily. We did need a visit from the AA for a jump start though, now I always carry jump leads!
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

beddowsm wrote:
-Ralph- wrote: It probably was the wrong tyres in this instance, but that means the bike wasn't suitably equipped to take it down a route that was muddy.
Lets just be clear.........none of the trails done at the weekend were unsuitable for a GSA. They were all straight forward lanes. That doesn't mean they were not challenging in parts for the big bikes. But it was a big bike friendly route suitable for novice riders.

Accidents happen and they could happen anywhere. Yes, there was mud at the section where the incident occurred, but nothing serious. Just bad luck on the riders part....and very unfortunate that there was a drop close by.
-Ralph- wrote:Maybe the trail itself was nothing beyond the capabilities of a GSA on this occasion

I didn't think an ABR rally would have arranged anything that wasn't suitable

;)
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

Alun wrote:First and foremost Corbus is ok. And I was amazed at the lack of damage to the GSA

Great story Mike, your journalistic skills of stepping back and recording the scene are that of a top pro.

ABR rally ride outs are for everyone who wants to give it a go and all who come on the rides accept that. That was a great team effort getting that bike back on trail, well done to all.

A big thanks to Mike and Craigrevo for their help, time and experience on the green lane ride, a lot of people had a great day out thanks to your efforts.
alun your last line says it all, its having a good dayout no mater what your on level of experiences, its wansnt an overland back of beyond, but a fun weekend of which me chris and buddy had a good one

steve
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

AndyB wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:On a new £16000 bike, bloke must be tapped
More tapped than taking a brand new top spec sports bike on a track day?
Good point Andy, couldn`t afford it myself but the bike is being used for what it`s built for (thumbs) just that my S10 ain`t going off road as i don`t have the talent or money :silly:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

kito wrote:I always feel the is an element of selfishness when someone brings a GS on an offroad ride out . They hold everyone up, stop everyone getting as many lanes in in the day then expect everyone to come to there rescue to lift it off the floor or out the mud because they fell for the marketing hype. Nobody minds helping others but after a while it gets tiring. Personally I couldn't go on a ride demanding that of others
Best avoid riding with me then mate, you'll most likely be called upon to help pick up the Black KT and that's before we've even left the car park.

Seriously though we can all have good days and bad days. So just go with the flow. Because you never know it may you who requires help one day.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Even some pretty experienced riders at the Rally managed to come a cropper on the grass. I think I helped pick up 4 in total :)

Great rally BTW!
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

beddowsm wrote:

This is what gets me thinking…The word " Novice " and BIG BIKE …are maybe not the best way to learn Trail riding. But then again what the hell do I know . Things have changed and I'm stuck in the past when as a Kid you bought a cheap dirt bike to learn off roading on. :S

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”