GSA's can go anywhere.......

Where you've been and what you done
minkyhead

Re: GSA's can go anywhere.......

Post by minkyhead »

in fairness it was a novice group for novice riders ..and i feel sorry for the guy he just made a novice error and got spanked quite hard for it
..it seems that even when mike is being restrained and sensible [ which is extreamly rare as ive never actually seen it first hand }he ends up with a exciting ride (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Scott_rider wrote:
Anyway, was he caning it round the trail or was it just one of those moments when
the rider was too close to the edge of the trail?
Just one of those things. could have happened to anyone.
Alun

Post by Alun »

First and foremost Corbus is ok. And I was amazed at the lack of damage to the GSA

Great story Mike, your journalistic skills of stepping back and recording the scene are that of a top pro.

ABR rally ride outs are for everyone who wants to give it a go and all who come on the rides accept that. That was a great team effort getting that bike back on trail, well done to all.

A big thanks to Mike and Craigrevo for their help, time and experience on the green lane ride, a lot of people had a great day out thanks to your efforts.
petecam

Post by petecam »

kito wrote:I always feel the is an element of selfishness when someone brings a GS on an offroad ride out . They hold everyone up, stop everyone getting as many lanes in in the day then expect everyone to come to there rescue to lift it off the floor or out the mud because they fell for the marketing hype. Nobody minds helping others but after a while it gets tiring. Personally I couldn't go on a ride demanding that of others
Valid point but it works both ways. If I do a ride out in Thetford Forest and Im on my 1190R and the others on Enduro bikes. I ride to the start kitted up and ready to go. They have to unload from their vans and trailers and then get ready. And while the enduro bike are quicker on the trails they are not as quick as me on the road sections and they have to fill up every 80 miles where as I can ride all day on one tank full. But I would not take the 1190 on a technical ride if I felt it was going to get bloody stuck all day to be fair. (thumbs)
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

Glad you are ok Corbus, that was quite a fall!

Was it the water cooled model????
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Glad the rider wasn't hurt.

Well done to the lads who came to the rescue.

It probably was the wrong tyres in this instance, but that means the bike wasn't suitably equipped to take it down a route that was muddy.

Maybe the trail itself was nothing beyond the capabilities of a GSA on this occasion, but taking a GSA properly off road is foolhardy whatever tyres are on it. It's not designed for it, it designed for unsurfaced roads with a hard base.

Even riding in a pair a situation where you get totally stuck is never far away on a bike that weighs 300kg, and if two of you can't manhandle the bike out of trouble the bike doesn't belong there.

If a country lane has a "Not Suitable for HGV sign", you take an artic down there, get it jammed, and cause mayhem, the driver would get called a knob and if the police had to attend probably get the book thrown at him and rightly so.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Good one guys and he was in cappable rescue hands ....pls dont lecture folks ...he was havin a good time and his choice...

Sorry i missed it.
kito

Post by kito »

Maybe it's not the individual's fault more a case of marketing hype suggesting unsuitable equipment . Let's face it 99% of us can't do and never will do what the likes of Simon pavey do in those promo videos .
Be nice to get a quid every time you here " you will be surprised what it can do off road" . Well no I have not yet been surprised . I am surprised when I see one survive a trail without getting dropped then I take my hat of to that individual.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Fantastic stuff, great to see there was no injury and excellent to see that a big new bike was put through its paces. All part of the adventure and shows that the ride out had a team vibe. Love the photos and the write up (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Tramp wrote:Good one guys and he was in cappable rescue hands ....pls dont lecture folks ...he was havin a good time and his choice...

Sorry i missed it.
And it was the choice of the lads who helped him to help him and I'm sure they were more than happy to as I would have been if I was there.

But please guys don't start seriously green laning your GSA's unless you have several people on hand who are also willing and having fun too.

If it's a farmer that has to come pluck you out with his tractor, that's not his choice and he probably isn't having such a good time.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”