Norway 2016

Where you've been and what you done
qcnr

Re: Norway 2016

Post by qcnr »

You can also go all the way to the top of Denmark and catch a fast ferry to
Kristiansand. Then you can choose to turn left towards Stavanger or right
towards Oslo. Or even straight up towards Evje.

If anyone thinks of coming to Stavanger let me know, I live nearby and would
be happy to give advice on places to visit or any other support.
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Great RR.... Thanks for taking the time to compile :)

Will It Buff Out?
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Norrie77 wrote:Steve great wee RR and photos, I'm hoping to do the Nordkapp thing next year as a matter of interest what would the average cost of the ferries in the Fjiords cost I know Norway isn't the cheapest of places to visit.

Norrie
I can't remember accurately, but the short ones across the fjords weren't too expensive, they varied from fjord to fjord, I'll have look later on, see if I've still got any receipts.
Paul Neate

Post by Paul Neate »

SHarper wrote:
Norrie77 wrote:Steve great wee RR and photos, I'm hoping to do the Nordkapp thing next year as a matter of interest what would the average cost of the ferries in the Fjiords cost I know Norway isn't the cheapest of places to visit.

Norrie
I can't remember accurately, but the short ones across the fjords weren't too expensive, they varied from fjord to fjord, I'll have look later on, see if I've still got any receipts.
Can you pay for the the ferries using a card, or is it cash only? What about camp sites and the like?
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

I don't think we tried to pay for a ferry with a card, you pay a man that's wandering about the car deck with a ticket machine and a leather pouch and on most of the ferries the journey wasn't very long, sorry that's not much help.
Most of the campsites were pretty clued up and connected, a couple of them gave us better rates for cash.
Although we took tents and stoves, just in case, we didn't use them at all, favouring huts every night except for the couple of nights we stopped in youth hostels; if/when I go again, I wouldn't take them, you still need a sleeping bag though...
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

NO problem using card anywhere now in Norway. Infact some places don't
even accept cash anymore. :dry:
Campsites are no problem, but not a requirement. Wild camping is not a problem anywhere.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”