Where you've been and what you done
KTMBLAG

Re: A small trip on small bikes

Post by KTMBLAG »

dubber68 wrote:
KTMBLAG wrote:Just seen your little bikes in Scarborough I think. Very nice
Quite possibly

DSC_0002_2015-06-21.JPG

Is this where you saw them. They attracted quite a bit of attention while we were gearing up.
Yes mate..Looked great they did
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

A couple of pic's of the bikes packed up ready for home.
DSC_0005_2015-06-22.JPG
DSC_0005_2015-06-22.JPG (55.44 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG (48.51 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

I think that this weekend was probably the best ride the two of us have had together, great fun pinning the throttle on both bikes and racing each other without breaking any speed limits. Memories of my old GP100 came flooding back. I spent years trying to find a bike she liked to replace the vanvan so we could travel together at more or less the same speeds. It turns out it was me who needed a slower bike not her a quicker one.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Nice one Dave
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

(thumbs) just goes to prove it does have to be 1200cc (thumbs)
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:(thumbs) just goes to prove it does have to be 1200cc (thumbs)
In my best pantomime voice "oh no it doesn't". Don't worry I knew what you meant.

XF650

Post by XF650 »

PHILinFRANCE wrote:(thumbs) just goes to prove it does have to be 1200cc (thumbs)
I knew what you meant too lol!

But you're absolutely right. Can't decide if it's because they're like cheap n cheerful toys or the fact that you can often use them 100%, maybe it's both!

Good trip by the sound of it (thumbs)
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

The main thing I used to love about the VanVan was the fact you could race it all day, take it to the limit without worrying about a ban, nothing would fall off / go bang & you had plenty of funds for a pint & a fancy burger as you'd only spent £6.50 on fuel B)

I didn't like being overtaken by practically everything else on the road but you can't win em all
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

P4ulie wrote:The main thing I used to love about the VanVan was the fact you could race it all day, take it to the limit without worrying about a ban, nothing would fall off / go bang & you had plenty of funds for a pint & a fancy burger as you'd only spent £6.50 on fuel B)

I didn't like being overtaken by practically everything else on the road but you can't win em all
With my missus on the vanvan (she is petite) she can hit 63 on the flat which on my speedo shows as 70 so not much comes past on A roads given car speedos probably read the same as mine. The VV one is very accurate. Not much overtaking action either though.

Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

I miss my little 200 every day, the last bike I got was a dommie, its great for going out with the chicka on the back but I still miss that little bike. Would do 68mph flat out, with or without camping gear, probably couldve got more out of it if I messed with the gearing more but I'd found the sweet spot for roads and trails.

Currently looking at another Chinese 125 on ebay, partly because I miss having a little bike to thrash and use on trails and partly to get the chicka riding again so we can have some slow speed adventures together :lol:

Little bikes ftw, they'll still do real world speeds even with touring gear, just look at Nikoli up in the lakes, you'll struggle to loose your license, they're dirt cheap and the important one for me, you actually get to see the beautiful places we ride through, they aren't just a green blur :lol:

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”