Kawasaki Versys does the Alps

Where you've been and what you done
Tink

Re: Kawasaki Versys does the Alps

Post by Tink »

Still Gotta Pulse wrote:That's it? :unsure:

2200 miles and some of it through some of the most beautiful parts of Europe for a duration of what, 7 to 14 days and you condense it into a 3 minute read?

That's not a ride report or sharing your experience, that's just telling people where you went and by what means.
Makes a change seeing videos of your trip, well done mate looks mint!!! takes a a lot of bottle to do what you did, i hope i will do the same next year :)

As for the above quote you will always get doyles like that who think you should write a fecking novel, and there the type who sit on there backsides dreaming about the "big trip" which they will never do.!!!!! :angry:
Still Gotta Pulse

Post by Still Gotta Pulse »

Tink wrote:
Still Gotta Pulse wrote:That's it? :unsure:

2200 miles and some of it through some of the most beautiful parts of Europe for a duration of what, 7 to 14 days and you condense it into a 3 minute read?

That's not a ride report or sharing your experience, that's just telling people where you went and by what means.
Makes a change seeing videos of your trip, well done mate looks mint!!! takes a a lto of bottle to do what you did, i hope i will do the same next year :)

As for the above quote you will always get wankers like that who think you should write a fucking novel, and there the type who sit on the fat arses dreaming about the "big trip" which they will never do.Arseholes!!!!! :angry:
:laugh: Let me guess , you're the type that hides from reality? You feel offended by alternative opinion? You want sheep? Go live on a farm.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Think you need to get a life mate.
Dont mind opions but think you were just dam right rude about his ride report.
I think the word is jealous!!!!
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

quality report and vids mate,gutted i didnt do lake cenis when i was out for the stella this year but gives me an excuse to go back next year i suppose,
aliwakeskate

Post by aliwakeskate »

Nice report mate. In fact, yours inspired me to start writing one of my own as I've not done one before - so thanks!
Throttled

Post by Throttled »

I think the videos were excellently done. I prefer videos to screeds of words, but what I get the most is a good discussion afterwards, so.....

would you have changed anything to the bike to make it more comfortable for the journey?

did you need to do any maintenance to it, chain, oil?

Thanks
YBR125 > KLE500 + KLE650 Versys Tourer
Flipt

Post by Flipt »

Hi all,
thanks for all the kind comments and positive responses to my report :)

I posted it because I simply wanted to share the sights and roads and maybe inspire others to embark on a similar trip!

Thanks guys, my faith in this forum is restored and you've all inspired me to get more involved. Good luck and safe miles on your trips always :)
Flipt

Post by Flipt »

Throttled wrote: would you have changed anything to the bike to make it more comfortable for the journey?

did you need to do any maintenance to it, chain, oil?

Thanks
Hi pal,
I would have probably had my seat modified slightly by raising the front part of the riders foam maybe an inch. Not uncomfortable, there's a tendency to slide forward on the Versys.

I also think an adjustable screen would have been a bonus. Great having the wind protection on faster roads but would have been nice to lower it on slower roads to allow some cooling air through to my chest (It was very hot during the trip!)

As for maintenance, not much really. The chain lasted the trip, although it was getting ready for adjustment by the time I got home. The Versys didn't use any oil at all, so really it was just a case of applying chain lube, sparying WD40 on pivots and checking tyre pressures every morning :)

cheers
Still Gotta Pulse

Post by Still Gotta Pulse »

Flipt wrote:
Thanks to Still Gotta Pulse for your critique, but you need to realise that people come to forums like this to seek guidance, inspiration and encouragement, not to have their high spirits dashed, enthusiasm crushed and motivation trampled on :( I'm not a professional journalists and I don't pretend to be!

Last night I was dissapointed because of your response. Now I am happy because of the encouraging comments from everyone else.

Thanks guys, my faith in this forum is restored and you've all inspired me to get more involved. Good luck and safe miles on your trips always :)
You are welcome , but you too need to realise that my idea of a ride report IS encouraging. People have been writing warts and all RR's long before I came along and I found them inspiring, encouraging and motivating.

Most RR writers aren't journalists either so you don't need to be one to put your thoughts/feelings on to paper.

Your faith is restored in this forum? :laugh:

Had I realised you were so sensitive and that you expected praise for your report, whether sincere or otherwise, then I would have bypassed your report altogether!
Flipt

Post by Flipt »

Still Gotta Pulse wrote:
Flipt wrote:
you expected praise for your report, whether sincere or otherwise, then I would have bypassed your report altogether!
I didn't seek praise? I didn't seek arrogance either, but thanks for supplying it in bucket loads. Now, please do 'By Pass' my report you sad man! :laugh:

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”