HISS 2018 - the 'Official Ride Report(s)

Where you've been and what you done
Simon_100

Re: HISS 2018 - the 'Official Ride Report(s)

Post by Simon_100 »

peterpan241 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:48 am Interested in the September soiree & then drift South West to follow the Touratech Portugal Trail South to North. I'm trying to max riding with least time off from work, has anyone a booking on the Portsmouth to Santander crossing on 14th September with room in a cabin please?
Hi Stuart. It'll be great to have you along at the HISS(s) in September. I don't know of anyone doing that route on their way to the HISS but it might be worth asking on UKGSER, which has a special section, or the TET Forum - that's Trans Euro Trail. John and Jayne Speight will be doing the Portugal TET in May/June so may be a source of info about that.

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Greetings Young Rice!

Can you point me towards the charges for this Spring's gathering in Pobla please, deah Boy?

I am in something of a state of flux at present (again) and looking at a couple of alternatives for early to mid May as a much needed break. Inevitably, I am cursed with the vagaries of females, yet again. This time of the Bovine variety, as we made a slip up in timing of dates when they start calving.... :roll:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:01 pm Greetings Young Rice!

Can you point me towards the charges for this Spring's gathering in Pobla please, deah Boy?

I am in something of a state of flux at present (again) and looking at a couple of alternatives for early to mid May as a much needed break. Inevitably, I am cursed with the vagaries of females, yet again. This time of the Bovine variety, as we made a slip up in timing of dates when they start calving.... :roll:
"Young!" - I'm the one with the bus pass ...

However, excellent to hear for you my Liege! As a 'Veteran' you get £50 discount hence £75 at la Pobla. FYI it's all here ion the jolly old web page.

The good Mr Spud has also been in touch asking about the dates - May 14th - 18th - and was talking oaf 'The Boys', which I assume includes your good self, and maybe 'Father' and that man Harper - the Margrave of the Moors - so you should for quite a party.

A lot of other good folks coming to the HISS, a veritable reunion of the Greats, but sadly from the point of view of my takings there's not so much new blood ...

Cheers

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Ok ancient one.... :-)

Thank you for the pointers that owing to my dotage, I had somehow missed.

I hope to firm up my May plan around mid-April, but as ever, this is so fluid, it is practically going down the Severn!
WillS

Post by WillS »

SteveR wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:58 am Ok ancient one.... :-)

Thank you for the pointers that owing to my dotage, I had somehow missed.

I hope to firm up my May plan around mid-April, but as ever, this is so fluid, it is practically going down the Severn!
Hope to see you at the May HISS Catalonia SteveR, would be great to meet up again, it's been a few years since the Aragon HISS.
Good luck with the timing of the new beef stock :D
Will
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

SteveR wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:58 amOk ancient one.... :-)
'ere, less of the 'ancient' Steve, otherwise:

SteveR wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:58 amThank you for the pointers that owing to my dotage, I had somehow missed.

I hope to firm up my May plan around mid-April, but as ever, this is so fluid, it is practically going down the Severn
IMG, I forgot my Farmer's Almanac again, what with Phil's haymaking in France in June and Nina's plumb harvest in September in Norfolk ...

Regs

Simon

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

[quote=WillS post_id=612264 time=1522090455 user_id=7718Hope to see you at the May HISS Catalonia SteveR, would be great to meet up again, it's been a few years since the Aragon HISS.
Will[/quote]

I hope our 'dummy run' next week will benefit form the change in the weather Will - 17º at dawn down in Tarragona this morning - but just 3º down the road at the camping! - but 10º right now at Alan's place. Let's hope we have more luck with our bikes this time ... :D

Regs

Simon

WillS

Post by WillS »

Simon_100 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:39 am [quote=WillS post_id=612264 time=1522090455 user_id=7718Hope to see you at the May HISS Catalonia SteveR, would be great to meet up again, it's been a few years since the Aragon HISS.
Will
I hope our 'dummy run' next week will benefit form the change in the weather Will - 17º at dawn down in Tarragona this morning - but just 3º down the road at the camping! - but 10º right now at Alan's place. Let's hope we have more luck with our bikes this time ... :D

Regs

Simon
[/quote]

Weather forecast is looking good sunny and around 20C for the trip in Spain.
Think we have passed the sub zero weather now!! Hopefully but still snowing in the Pyrenees.
Fingers crossed for the KTM it will be his first trip out on it, but has been serviced.
It's not the same KTM with the underseat heating :D
Have loaded a few trails we can do on the Montana, so should be sorted for getting straight out on the trails when we arrive.
Looking forward to it, should be a good shake down ready for the TET / HISS / TET in May.

Will
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

The weather has really improved here this week, t-shirt and combats yesterday and warmer and brighter today. There are some showers forecast for a couple of evenings this week, the daytime temperatures remain around 20-26c. Its going to be a good few days, looking forward to meeting you all.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

AlanHolt wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:22 amThe weather has really improved here this week, t-shirt and combats yesterday and warmer and brighter today. There are some showers forecast for a couple of evenings this week, the daytime temperatures remain around 20-26c. Its going to be a good few days, looking forward to meeting you all.
Yup, a big improvement. 20º yesterday at La Pobla and very sunny. We were finally able to open up the 'van and clean out the winter's grunge. A bit miss now but sunny again on Sunday so we'll stay a night with our Catalan neighbours down there.

Sorting the Alp on Friday, no need for the extra fuel tank as it has about 250 kms range.

Simon

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”