Don't bother going to Wales again

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
garyboy

Re: Don't bother going to Wales again

Post by garyboy »

I've not seen anywhere about 40 and 50 limits.. just 30 to 20 in built up areas (close lamposts)(towns) ?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Let's hope so
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

just spent three days touring wales ...make no mistake if you know where to go there are still some gloroius fast biking roads ...tbo 20mph once every now and again isnt a big deal to me .....we stayed in apub on the edge of the beacons and the topic was in the bar next morning we went to do the famouse black mountain road from top gear ive done a few times before ..guess what its now blanket 40mph .. but it was pleasent and some of them bends gang up and you can still be hero at 40mph .and deffo a most pleasent place to be ... we done all the small single track roads around the dvils staircase and eylan vally and then some rollercoaster mountain passes from aberwystwth to bala .... pass of the cross lake vweney ect crackin mix .... most of them little roads are national speed limit and i prefer a steady 30/40mph on the single tracks to enjoy the scenery ...ive still got a pulse and can move little when prodded but i dont want to be blowin me brains out 8 hours a day ...oodles of brilliant roads in wales and just cos the aint fast doesnt mean they arnt brilliant
so a 20mph limit in those tiny half miles towns is neither here nor there ...easier to spot a good cake shop :evil: best place to ride free at decent pace for solid hours is deffo west yorks northumberland and galloway ..i do tend to ride the smaller less known roads in wales where 30hp is all you ever need ..im sure a lot will now a lot around wales and to say its no longer a biking destination is somwhat of a sweeping statement ..i had a absalute great time this last few days ..

braaaaaaap

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

50 MPH speed limit on swathes of the M4 to “reduce pollution”

When everyone is driving electric vehicles will the speed limit go back up once more?

No, I don’t think so either.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It's hilarious...most of the time you can only go at 40 on that part of the motorway anyhow.

And the Welsh Government spent a fortune planning a Brynglas Relief Road to get rid of the worst of the pollution and congestion, purchased the land, then scrapped it!
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Slightly related to this topic…the PR push is ramping up to get us all into electric, greener (and slower vehicles maybe) but the statistics don’t stack up. Shell are proudly running an advert on ITV saying that 1.4 million homes are powered by renewable energy. That’s laudable but what they don’t say is that’s only 4.5% of all U.K. households. Then they say that by 2025 they will have installed 50,000 electric car charging points. That’s laudable again but what they don’t say is that’s 1 charging point for every 600 households.
Forget putting your towel on a sun bed in the morning to beat the Germans, we’ll all be putting our vehicles on charge to beat the neighbours!
:lol:

(There are approximately 30 million households in the U.K. if anyone wants to check the maths).
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
fatowl

Post by fatowl »

And add in that, according to Volvo's recent report into electric cars, they don't start being greener than ICE cars until at least 90,000 miles.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

The only thing that is 'highly charged' is the media bullshit machine which dreams up click bait headlines to get advert revenue. It doesn't matter what the subject is they just spread more crap than farmers do on fields ....... we are force fed so much rubbish that we don't know what to believe. I suppose that's what happens when 'the media industry' takes over.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Yes Tonibe and unfortunately helped along by starting a thread to continue the misleading hyperbole online as it fits in with some pre-conception or world view
Its a trick............get an Axe
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

The way I heard it is that bringing this legislation in means that any local authority will be able to change a limit from 30 to 20 without going through the planning rigmarole. Now if this is used in a sensible way, eg 20 mph limits outside schools at peak times then that will be a good thing. If it is used as a blanket restriction with cameras to back it, it won’t.
Although this summer with the number of cancelled flights the prospect of doing more than 20 in any popular tourist destination in the UK seems pretty remote anyway.

Return to “TRAVEL”