Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Glenn_G

Re: Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao

Post by Glenn_G »

'Portsmouth to Santander is still 1 overnight and a 28.5 hour crossing'

Interesting Scott_rider, maybe your chosen/interested dates are only 1 night on the boat ... but when I looked the other week (and again today) for September 2022 it is the Galicia vessel and a note when going thru the booking process states arrival time is +2 days ... might be worth checking for those who (like me) dont have good sea legs 8-)

The crossings seem to be selling out fast so people must be keen, despite the prices.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/book ... g/outbound
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Agreed. I found it very confusing to be honest, what started as booking a 1 night crossing turned into 2 nights at the bottom of the page! Can’t get through on the phones, no e/mail to ask on either . It’s turning into hard work. Grrrrrrrr!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

All I can say is a lot of the be fleet has had revamps to the accomodation during COVID lockdowns...the new Brexit era customs is very time consuming ..

Be prepared to que both ends ....
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Glenn_G wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:14 pm 'Portsmouth to Santander is still 1 overnight and a 28.5 hour crossing'

Interesting Scott_rider, maybe your chosen/interested dates are only 1 night on the boat ... but when I looked the other week (and again today) for September 2022 it is the Galicia vessel and a note when going thru the booking process states arrival time is +2 days ... might be worth checking for those who (like me) dont have good sea legs 8-)

The crossings seem to be selling out fast so people must be keen, despite the prices.

It is confusing. We've asked for clarification because this all it says on their site...but maybe it does depends on the different boats and dates?

Portsmouth to Bilbao 31 hours 30 mins or 33 hours 30 mins overnight (two-night)
Portsmouth to Santander 28 hours 30 mins overnight
Plymouth to Santander 20 hours 15 mins overnight

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferr ... ries-spain
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Glenn_G

Post by Glenn_G »

Scott_rider wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:48 pm
Glenn_G wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:14 pm 'Portsmouth to Santander is still 1 overnight and a 28.5 hour crossing'

It is confusing. We've asked for clarification because this all it says on their site...but maybe it does depends on the different boats and dates?

Portsmouth to Bilbao 31 hours 30 mins or 33 hours 30 mins overnight (two-night)
Portsmouth to Santander 28 hours 30 mins overnight
Plymouth to Santander 20 hours 15 mins overnight

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ferr ... ries-spain
Agree confusing as you see the BF website about their routes and times and start planning but it appears they are having to modify some sailings ... hence notes given when actually making a booking.

Good luck, hope you get a crossing you're happy with.

I have used the Plymouth overnight to Spain crossing and it was alright, but not sure I could cope with 2 nights on a boat :o
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I did a quote about 2 months ago for this September and the price then was £932, just done a requote for exactly the same and price has dropped to £877. Still a lot of money but not much cheaper to ride or drive down through France.
Plymouth/Santander so only 1 night on the vomit vessel (each way).
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

I’m due on the Salamanca on the Thursday 7th, and they’ve moved the departure time forward from 22:00hrs to 19:00hrs, but as it’s a 2 night crossing it still scheduled to arrive at 08;00hrs on Saturday. So I suspect that they want to maximise the bar revenue.
The No1 question is how expensive is the beer prices at the bar lol
As for the price of the crossing, for 1 person, car and outside 4 berth commodore cabin. It’s £502 outbound and £350 return (1 night)
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

UPDATE. At last received an e/mail back from the company. At the moment the only 20 hrs crossing is from Plymouth to Santandare. It seems the new ferry they’ve got from China is slower than the previous one?

Return to “TRAVEL”