Holiday insurance

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
clutchspring

Holiday insurance

Post by clutchspring »

Hi every one, just thought I mention my recent encounter when buying holiday insurance.
I've been using the company " holiday extras " for a number of year's mainly they give good cover at a decent price and also my wife uses them for her dedicated cruise cover which she has claimed twice with them and never had a problem.
So each year before I take out the insurance I phone up and double check that they will still cover me travelling by motorcycle ( as in there terms & conditions etc there's no mention of motorcycling, each year I get the came answer which is yes I'm covered as long a I've got a licence & I wear a helmet.
So yesterday I rang them up & ask the same question & immediately I was told they no longer cover motorcycling due to now having a new underwriter.
Strange thing is I read there terms/ conditions a number of times & there's no mention of motorcycling being NOT covered.
So next time your buying holiday insurance best to give the broker a ring just to clarify the policy.

Ian
tempesc

Re: Holiday insurance

Post by tempesc »

Good share Ian.

I buy an annual policy through work and always check the wording carefully too. Quite a lot of policies limit cover to smaller bikes (eg 125cc and below), as well as for a maximum number of days.
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

I found this too. Holiday Direct also now only allows maximum 125cc. Used to allow off road motorcycle riding as standard on their gold policy....
Need to find an alternative now for my trip to Italy in June....any recommendations people :mrgreen:
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Recommendation: get a 125 😂😂😂
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)

Return to “TRAVEL”