It may be more difficult ….post Brexit

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike ... ash-in-eu/
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Jak*

Re: Don’t crash in Europe

Post by Jak* »

I don’t know whether you can get this covered on your travel insurance or not. If so the cost of the insurance will rise, as it will due to the lack of the EHIC. This will apply to all travellers but those perceived to be at higher risk, like motorcyclists, will undoubtedly pay more. I am not sure how the increases in roaming charges will effect me if I use my phone as a Sat Nav. What is obvious is that rinsing in the EU has got more complicated and expensive for us Brits.
I am so glad I have got my ‘sovereignty’ back.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I wonder if Andrew would be glad to get his sovereignty back? 8-)

worrying tbh .. the travel I mean .. but it is going to be a long time before its all sorted, whichever side you are looking from. Shame people can't get on.
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Jak* wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:51 am I don’t know whether you can get this covered on your travel insurance or not. If so the cost of the insurance will rise, as it will due to the lack of the EHIC. This will apply to all travellers but those perceived to be at higher risk, like motorcyclists, will undoubtedly pay more. I am not sure how the increases in roaming charges will effect me if I use my phone as a Sat Nav. What is obvious is that rinsing in the EU has got more complicated and expensive for us Brits.
The GHIC has replaced the EHIC and claims to give the same cover. You do however now have to have additional health insurance that covers your repatriation costs.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

From my understanding the EHIC never covered repatriation costs either.
crofty

Post by crofty »

Cornishman many thanks for mentioning the GHIC card which I didn't know existed. I have applied for one on the basis that it's free and better than nothing :D
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

OnHellas wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 pm From my understanding the EHIC never covered repatriation costs either.
It didn’t. However since Brexit the repatriation insurance has been a requirement.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Cornishman wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:51 pm
Jak* wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:51 am I don’t know whether you can get this covered on your travel insurance or not. If so the cost of the insurance will rise, as it will due to the lack of the EHIC. This will apply to all travellers but those perceived to be at higher risk, like motorcyclists, will undoubtedly pay more. I am not sure how the increases in roaming charges will effect me if I use my phone as a Sat Nav. What is obvious is that rinsing in the EU has got more complicated and expensive for us Brits.
The GHIC has replaced the EHIC and claims to give the same cover. You do however now have to have additional health insurance that covers your repatriation costs.
Thanks for that, just applied for both of ours whilst I remember
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
dave h

Post by dave h »

good informative thread despite a bit of negativity,

dave.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Cornishman wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:57 pm
OnHellas wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 pm From my understanding the EHIC never covered repatriation costs either.
It didn’t. However since Brexit the repatriation insurance has been a requirement.
Not a bad thing though as in my opinion to travel without repatriation cover is a bit of a mugs game.

Return to “TRAVEL”