Don’t crash in Europe

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Cornishman

Re: Don’t crash in Europe

Post by Cornishman »

OnHellas wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:50 am
Cornishman wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:57 pm
OnHellas wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 pm From my understanding the EHIC never covered repatriation costs either.
It didn’t. However since Brexit the repatriation insurance has been a requirement.
Not a bad thing though as in my opinion to travel without repatriation cover is a bit of a mugs game.
All I was doing was pointing out a fact. The ‘rules’ have changed since Brexit and that is an important one. There are a lot of people who have relied on their EHIC cards in the past who might not have mown that repatriation insurance was now a requirement. In fact it appears that you yourself have learned something from my post. 🙂
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Cornishman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:54 am
OnHellas wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 pm From my understanding the EHIC never covered repatriation costs either.
It didn’t. However since Brexit the repatriation insurance has been a requirement.
Not a bad thing though as in my opinion to travel without repatriation cover is a bit of a mugs game.
All I was doing was pointing out a fact. The ‘rules’ have changed since Brexit and that is an important one. There are a lot of people who have relied on their EHIC cards in the past who might not have mown that repatriation insurance was now a requirement. In fact it appears that you yourself have learned something from my post. 🙂
No, I didn’t learn anything thank you. :roll:
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

OnHellas wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:33 am
Cornishman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:54 am
No, I didn’t learn anything thank you. :roll:
That’s a shame. An opportunity lost. I’ve noticed your reading comprehension skills are suspect so it’s no big surprise. 🙂
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

No need for sniping again--I thought that you had become a little less high and mighty!!!
Anyway--from the Gov website "Your EHIC or GHIC is not a substitute for travel insurance. It may not cover all health costs and NEVER covers repatriation costs. Make sure you have travel insurance as well as your card."
Also from the gov website :
"If you have an existing EHIC, it will remain VALID until the expiry date on the card.

You can apply for a new card up to 6 months before your current card expires."

My EHIC doesn't run out until 30/01/2025
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

catcitrus wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 pm No need for sniping again--I thought that you had become a little less high and mighty!!!
Anyway--from the Gov website "Your EHIC or GHIC is not a substitute for travel insurance. It may not cover all health costs and NEVER covers repatriation costs. Make sure you have travel insurance as well as your card."
"If you have an existing EHIC, it will remain VALID until the expiry date on the card.

If someone criticises something I post do I have to lie down and take it? How bizarre.
dave h

Post by dave h »

catcitrus wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 pm No need for sniping again--I thought that you had become a little less high and mighty!!!

yep along with the EHIC this is what i do between 10 and 20 pound per trip [10 to 14 days normally],
just remember your policy has to allow riding a motorcycle they all don't on the standard policies,

dave.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Cornishman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:00 pm

If someone criticises something I post do I have to lie down and take it? How bizarre.
No, you don’t have to lie down and take it (see, I can read) but maybe show a bit of humility and try not to be such a know all….which you certainly aren’t.

This forum is usually a friendly place to be. If you’re trying to goad other users into biting back then well done, you’ve achieved that. We will get bored of it fairly quickly though so don’t expect to much “fun” if that is your plan.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

IIRC when booking air tickets for Europe before brexit, the carrier would ask if you were insured for repatriation because it was a cost they didn't want to be landed with.
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

OnHellas wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:21 pm

No, you don’t have to lie down and take it (see, I can read) but maybe show a bit of humility and try not to be such a know all….which you certainly aren’t.

This forum is usually a friendly place to be. If you’re trying to goad other users into biting back then well done, you’ve achieved that. We will get bored of it fairly quickly though so don’t expect to much “fun” if that is your plan.
Oh my God. How arrogant can you be!
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Cornishman wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:48 pm
OnHellas wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Oh my God. How arrogant can you be!
OK. Thank you. Goodbye.

Return to “TRAVEL”