Don't bother going to Italy

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

https://advrider.com/new-italian-law-pr ... 12_21_2021

PRATS!

That will do for Beta, Fantic etc.
Cornishman

Re: Don't bother going to Italy

Post by Cornishman »

All is not what it seems. I just read this Google translated from an official Italian document.

It should be noted that the Decree of 28 October 2021, published in the Official Journal no. 286 of 1 December 2021, contains exclusively the guidelines for the Regions with the aim, fully shared by the Regions in the State-Regions Conference and by the coordinating Ministries (MiC and MiTE), to standardize at national level the rules referring to the methods of construction of the forest roads, which already exist in the individual regional legislations, and therefore give uniformity to the heterogeneous nomenclature adopted.

It should be remembered that the primary competence in this matter lies with the Regions, and each region and autonomous province already has its own regional law which governs the strictly technical aspects and the usability of these roads.

The decree moves within the scope of the provisions of article 9 of the Consolidated Law on forests and forestry chains of 2018 (Legislative Decree no.34 / 2018), in force for years, without any backlash on the issue of using the roads forest.

Nothing is innovated regarding the authorized transit on the aforementioned roads, it being understood that, as expressly provided for in article 2, paragraph 3 of the decree, the roads and forest tracks are not subject to the safety criteria envisaged for ordinary roads, since it is a matter of of roads excluded by the Highway Code.

Furthermore, as explained by the same paragraph, it is the task of the Regions to regulate the methods of use, management and fruition of forest roads "... taking into account the needs related to forestry-pastoral management and environmental and landscape protection".

It should also be noted that the Regions are also responsible for the prevention of hydrogeological instability and compliance with the provisions of the hydrogeological constraint; therefore, it is up to the Regions to evaluate the effects of pedestrian use, cycle tourism or motorized vehicles other than forestry on the routes, whose effects on unpaved surfaces have very different impacts; they must be evaluated with the utmost attention to the individual territorial realities.

Lastly, it is reiterated that all the Regions unanimously approved the decree and the guidelines, well aware of their own competences and of the management consequences.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

We've been talking about this a fair bit on the TET forum and elsewhere.

The Italian Ministry of Ag has released this, which says otherwise:

https://www.politicheagricole.it/flex/c ... -YztS45OC8

I'm sure it'll become clear soon enough... Probably best to wait and see what is finally decided. I somehow doubt it'll be nearly as severe a ban as the rumour has it. There's just too much to lose.
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:25 am We've been talking about this a fair bit on the TET forum and elsewhere.

The Italian Ministry of Ag has released this, which says otherwise:

https://www.politicheagricole.it/flex/c ... -YztS45OC8

I'm sure it'll become clear soon enough... Probably best to wait and see what is finally decided. I somehow doubt it'll be nearly as severe a ban as the rumour has it. There's just too much to lose.
You beat me to it!
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

I was always of the thinking (cos thats what I was told) that in SPAIN a "path/trail" that is less than 2.5 wide is A PATH not a Trail to be used as a road
If caught on one fines etc would be administered
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

How do you define 'width'?

Bank to bank, tree to tree or the width of gravel?
Agent Orange

Post by Agent Orange »

It's fake news.... I posted the link on the LC8 KTM rally Western Italian Alps sire when it came out last week.
That is reply that came back :shock:
Can't see em doing it anyway as MTB is included.

daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Mickdb1 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:51 pm I was always of the thinking (cos thats what I was told) that in SPAIN a "path/trail" that is less than 2.5 wide is A PATH not a Trail to be used as a road
If caught on one fines etc would be administered
Yeah, technically that's the case I think. Done a lot of Spanish trail riding and the vast majority of trails are wide enough for a car, so legal according to that definition. There's quite a lot of single track though, and big fun it can be too. I've ridden some but aware that it's not allowed. TBH the wide stuff is so good and plentiful that you don't really need to seek out illegal tracks.
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

this story has been running for a few weeks, the practical implications appear to still be vague I dont think its fake though. Hope stuff is still rideable, not done the military roads of the Alps yet.

Return to “TRAVEL”