Thinking of travelling to or through France?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Elmer J Fudd

Re: Thinking of travelling to or through France?

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Scott_rider wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:33 am That's complicated :o .
As a matter of interest, now that the UK is out of the EU is there still the arrangement that France can access the UK DVLA database to pursue motoring offences committed in France by UK registered vehicles?
Bojo has asked the French / EU not to send any more fines to the UK and to take back the ones they have allowed to be sent recently....or was that migrants?

The system exists between EU countries (which included the UK) but the UK, while they could have accessed the data for drivers entering the UK, didn't bother. The French, being as they were treated like a race track at times were quite efficient at sending fines through.

There were to be discussions on continuing access to the UK database (which anyone can use, so long as they provide good reason). I remembered this article from nearly a year ago, things may have changed. There was a thread about it a while ago.

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/roads/br ... ue-brexit/
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:00 pm
simonw wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:50 pm
daveuprite wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:24 pm Hope that makes some kind of sense...
It does, thanks. Thanks too for picking up on my schoolboy error, like a true principal. :-)
I promise that never occurred to me Simon. Complete coincidence. Although I have a love of the English language, I write all the time, and I do admit to a somewhat pedantic adherence to the rules, I don't particularly like the police-state monitoring of infractions that some on the internet appear to enjoy. Show me a they're / their, however, and my blood boils... :D
Would of/ could of.....aaargh!!!
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

Soon there will also be ETIAS in place when entering and leaving the Schengen zone. There will be much tighter record keeping of when people cross the EU/U.K. border. An opportunity to collect fines on leaving Europe or even entering on a subsequent visit?
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/etias/
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Cornishman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:57 am Soon there will also be ETIAS in place when entering and leaving the Schengen zone. There will be much tighter record keeping of when people cross the EU/U.K. border. An opportunity to collect fines on leaving Europe or even entering on a subsequent visit?
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/etias/
That is a very informative article. Thanks for posting it. I had wondered how it was all going to work travelling around the EU now that the UK is out of it.
8-)
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Sure most have seen it already but ...........As we've been hearing this morning, tourism will be soon be banned for UK travellers going to France as it tightens its rules over Britain's soaring Omicron cases.

From 23:00 GMT Friday, UK travellers will have to have a "compelling reason" for entry to France and show a fresh negative Covid test.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

People are gonna get really upset with me when I filter to the front of the queue then 😉
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

My understanding was the biometrics that were to be required were facial recognition. Not sure why you'd need to get out of your vehicle for that. Wind down your window for a camera and stick your hand on a fingerprint reader. Just as easy for motorcyclists. Of course it's for all TCN's to help with the fight against terrorism.
Not all those wandering are lost

Return to “TRAVEL”