Bike rider France gpx routes?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tramp

Bike rider France gpx routes?

Post by Tramp »

Hello civilised folks... Anyone used the ride magazine France gpx tour routes...?

I quite like the idea of having no idea where I'm going and Northern France is nearer to me than Birmingham... And a dam site more interesting... Not to mention cheaper... Excluding le chuttle costs... Just 2.5 hrs from me... So 3.5 hrs to France...
bikenav

Re: Bike rider France gpx routes?

Post by bikenav »

get what your saying about being lead in to the unknown, not tried any myself though this might not suit you but UKgser has a vast amount of route info and links etc as another resource, sure there are many more. Ride mag routes seem to be highly thought of.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Curiosity had me downloading the GPX for Dinan to Quimper and area I know well, it's a bit basic. 15 waypoints to cover 188miles. The Google map option is fully detailed and gives you the opportunity to tweak it to other points of interest. A good starting point if you're planning a route.
Bart1

Post by Bart1 »

Can't comment on France but have used the Spanish and Portuguese Ride Mags routes several times with great success, particularly in Spain. They are a good starting point/base line if you are new to an area combined with a Michelin map and the scenic roads highlighted in green on the map.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

+1 for the Ride Mag routes. We've used them in France and Spain (both with a bit of tweaking) and they are very good.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Old Plodder

Post by Old Plodder »

Hi
I have used the Bike Rider maps and found them ok , also use

https://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcy ... try/france

Which gives some interesting rides all over France
Still plodding along been riding bikes over 50 years now - don’t time fly when you’re having fun 👴🏻

Return to “TRAVEL”