IMG_E3683 (4).JPG
IMG_E3683 (4).JPG (128.94 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
IMG_3681.PNG
IMG_3681.PNG (305.28 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
moto al
daveuprite

Re: ducati factory tours open again

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks Al. I'm going to make a point of doing that. If I get a new road bike, as I hope to soon, it'll make a good target for a road trip across France and northern Italy. I stayed in Bologna for the Mugello MotoGP one year but never went to the Ducati factory.

Also any excuse to ride the Futa pass to Florence, which is one of the best scratching roads in Europe IMHO.

I wonder if they throw gnocchi at you if you don't turn up on a Ducati...
helmik

Post by helmik »

They dont throw gnocchi but if you’re not on a Ducati you have to park outside on the road!! I went before lockdown, on a Duc, I was allowed to park in the car park, which was nice. Managed a pic of the big Ducati sign on the wall with the bike in front.
Good tour, shop is ok, sort of prices you expect, but the museum is great. Spent a long time in there.
Worthwhile trip.
Mick
935C120A-49D6-4C79-8AD6-40CD0E2BABEC.jpeg
935C120A-49D6-4C79-8AD6-40CD0E2BABEC.jpeg (68.09 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
E0A3C67C-77F6-4466-8B15-6E3707BE3642.jpeg
E0A3C67C-77F6-4466-8B15-6E3707BE3642.jpeg (111.39 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
helmik

Post by helmik »

Worth joining the Desmo Ducati Owners Club, they do a cheap deal to the factory for members.
Mick
sphbristol

Post by sphbristol »

I went a few years ago, cost about £15 euros, great tour, some really nice ex-race bikes. It did put me off ever buying a Ducati though. We stood there and watched some guy knocking the shit out of a bearing with a socket trying to get it to fit.....
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

sphbristol wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:47 pm I went a few years ago, cost about £15 euros, great tour, some really nice ex-race bikes. It did put me off ever buying a Ducati though. We stood there and watched some guy knocking the shit out of a bearing with a socket trying to get it to fit.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: That made me laugh!

It's only what some of the owners will do later on I suppose...! I've knocked the shit out of a few bearing with sockets in my time. But that is usually after thousands of kms of seized up abuse - not brand new in the factory!
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Good excuse to take the ducati back to where it was born 😎
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

diggermanbob wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:35 pm Good excuse to take the ducati back to where it was born 😎
Ok then Bob - road trip idea for next year perhaps? :

Take off from Jax Shak, ride east to Switzerland, tick off all the main mountain passes (Susten, Furka etc etc) ending in Stelvio. South into Italy, Como etc. Ducati factory tour in Bologna. Then Futa pass south to Florence, across Tuscany to Lucca - then NW to Genoa and Nice through all those tunnels. Then Route De Napoleon and Gorge de Verdun, then across the Ardeche and back to Phil's.

I know several of us have done these roads before, but I've never done 'em on an MV Agusta. And we really should take our bikes back to their country of birth.

We could call it the Franco-Alitalia-Road Trip ?
Cornishman

Post by Cornishman »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:45 pm
diggermanbob wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:35 pm Good excuse to take the ducati back to where it was born 😎

Take off from Jax Shak, ride east to Switzerland, tick off all the main mountain passes (Susten, Furka etc etc) ending in Stelvio. South into Italy, Como etc. Ducati factory tour in Bologna. Then Futa pass south to Florence, across Tuscany to Lucca - then NW to Genoa and Nice through all those tunnels. Then Route De Napoleon and Gorge de Verdun, then across the Ardeche and back to Phil's.

I know several of us have done these roads before, but I've never done 'em on an MV Agusta. And we really should take our bikes back to their country of birth.

You might as well stop in at Moto Guzzi as well as you will be passing their front door.
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:45 pm

Sounds good to me Dave

Return to “TRAVEL”