French Covid QR Code needed

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Mickdb1

French Covid QR Code needed

Post by Mickdb1 »

Ey up
Just downloaded the French TousAnticovid app to me phone.
Its supposed to be need for entrance to pubs cafes and other venues in France.
It accepts the NHS QR code as proof
It was quite easy to follow/do
It asks for QR codes from other countries so I scanned my NHS QR codes which I had on an emailed download on me computer from UK NHS site.
Jobs a good un when yer get a confetti drop on the acceptance of your details.
HTHY and lets get away soon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
daveuprite

Re: French Covid QR Code needed

Post by daveuprite »

Mick, there's a UK couple who own a holiday home near us. They're visiting right now for the first time in ages, due to covid. They had no problem with adding their NHS QR codes on to the TousAntiCovid app, and we've been out to lunch with them and had all our QR codes scanned successfully. So it works.

You will (should) have your code checked at restaurants and bars, cinema, swimming pool, large events/festivals, indoor venues, government buildings etc. Not shops as yet (or at least not in my area). It's still normal and expected to wear a mask in all shops, all other indoor situations, markets etc as well as restaurants until you're seated.

Have a great trip.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

This is same as uk covid track and trace.. No blue tooth and your fine just scan the qr code and have a nice meal etc... Its a tick box the NHS paper covid proff is just as welcome....

Just don't cough and sneeze at same time... Lol.. Bloody hay-fever.
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Monster

Post by Monster »

I am planning a late Sept trip to France via the Portsmouth ferry

Thanks for the info and reminder ... I have now downloaded the Tous App described above

I have had both my vaccinations and also have fairly regular Lateral Flow tests for work so I have no worries about all this

However proving what they want to see is another matter

I took a lateral flow test recently and have an email to show the negative result ... there is no bar code there to be scanned into the Tous App

Help - Please let me know what I am missing here
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

You don't need proof of covid jabs to enter France just print the declaration.. Its on eurotunnel or Brittany ferry's Web site... The customs will ask to see it... Then its freedom as in UK... If you need to enter a pass entir place download NHS proof of jab to French system and show them that.. But turn off Bluetooth.... Its useless.

France as a whole is pretty normal ... Like UK some places recuire face masks etc but in general its easy going...

The french need our money and love the British regardless of what brexit means....

Have a happy holiday...
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

As above I visited France 3x last year and am over Sept to late October... Its business as usual....

The info is on the French gov Web site and euro tunnel and Brittany ferry's info is always upto date..

People don't need to be scared... BORIS wants us to stay in UK...
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

byewayrider wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:17 pm You don't need proof of covid jabs to enter France just print the declaration.. Its on eurotunnel or Brittany ferry's Web site... The customs will ask to see it... Then its freedom as in UK... If you need to enter a pass entir place download NHS proof of jab to French system and show them that.. But turn off Bluetooth.... Its useless.

France as a whole is pretty normal ... Like UK some places recuire face masks etc but in general its easy going...

The french need our money and love the British regardless of what brexit means....

Have a happy holiday...

Mmm. yes and no. It is absolutely obligatory to wear masks in all supermarkets and shops, and most every other indoor place - and on the whole the public understand that and do it. So don't muck about trying to buck that rule. And ALL restaurants, bars, cinemas, swimming pools, larger public venues/events etc want to see your TousAntiCovid double jab QR code before you're allowed in.

As long as you're happy to comply with all that, then you'll be more than welcome in France. But it certainly isn't a Johnson free-state at the moment, nor should it be. Macron doesn't play around with the health of his nation as recklessly as Johnson does.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

I don't personnaly give a fuck what macron aka napoleon or Bris thinks... I'm happy to comply with local restrictions when asked.. I travelled over 2500 miles in France and done over 2000mlies in Spain now in lovely Portugal... Never a problem..

Have you dave upright been anywhere or still spouting crap... Get a life and venture out your cave...
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

byewayrider wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:34 pm I don't personnaly give a fuck what macron aka napoleon or Bris thinks... I'm happy to comply with local restrictions when asked.. I travelled over 2500 miles in France and done over 2000mlies in Spain now in lovely Portugal... Never a problem..

Have you dave upright been anywhere or still spouting crap... Get a life and venture out your cave...
Nob.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Why is it that people who would happily stand around bikes talking absolute sh>>> .... turn into madmen when behind a keyboard?

There was no need to get all bent out of shape for nothing here as we were having a civilised conversation about the current state of do's
& don'ts in France. I am sure that the rules, attitudes and application vary by regions ... much like the UK

I have no interest in taking sides - I just merely asked a simple question about procedures

Perhaps reread your own submissions and decide whether or not you got a bit carried away here !!

Safe travels
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem

Return to “TRAVEL”