France pcr test availabilty ?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
byewayrider

France pcr test availabilty ?

Post by byewayrider »

Evening folks...

As thise with both covid jabs dont need to self isolate fron amber countrys soon, im planning a long europe trip...

For those residents of france how do uk returning folks get a pcr test? I kmow the french government now say its 49 euro not free....but id like to know if its a plan a stop sonewhere for the test before riding upto calais for tunnel....in 72 hours?

Sure the french have it organised.

Thanks folks in france.
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
DanielS

Re: France pcr test availabilty ?

Post by DanielS »

You can have a PCR test or an Antigen test, I assume you're double vaccinated and can prove it on the NHS App:
those travelling aged 11 years old or over, will need evidence of a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure, or a negative antigen test result taken within 48 hours of departure
from here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

You can get the antigen test done in France, or, what I've done is to buy a £45 antigen test (Basically the free NHS test, but you can't use the NHS test) and will do it the day before I come back to England. You do the test, take a photo of the result on the paperwork they posted you with the test, email it to them, and 20 mins later you have an emailed certificate sent to you.

https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/return-antigen

Just to add, I'm doing the same test on my way TO France too.

https://tests.medicspot.co.uk/products/outbound-antigen

To clarify, both tests are the same, they just brand them as "Outbound" and "Inbound" as far as I can see. I've ordered both and they're identical.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

byewayrider wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:30 pm Evening folks...

As thise with both covid jabs dont need to self isolate fron amber countrys soon, im planning a long europe trip...

For those residents of france how do uk returning folks get a pcr test? I kmow the french government now say its 49 euro not free....but id like to know if its a plan a stop sonewhere for the test before riding upto calais for tunnel....in 72 hours?

Sure the french have it organised.

Thanks folks in france.
I can only really talk for the set-up in my local town Bellac (Limousin). You can walk into the Laboratoire D'Analysis centre and request an instant test. Free for french residents with a Carte Vitale national health card, and as you say about 50 Euros for non-residents. Results ready within a few hours, but that depends on when during the day you have the test done. It could be a next morning thing.

Best plan might be to work out where you want to spend the day/night before you ride up to the port and suss out the opening hours and procedures of whichever test centre is nearest. Or you can book it in advance. For example, here's a link to our local Biolysiss service:

https://biolyss.fr/rdvcovid19/
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Yep I'm all double jabbed have been for months.... I thought that the pcr test to gain entry to France had been abolished recently?

And antigen tests in France are 29 euro with wide scale testing sites... I've found a French link... But having your own test kit would be far easier to manage... I'm out in late August after the UK declares end to all restrictions so no dowt things will have changed again by then...

Not back till mid October assuming everywhere dosent go into red country status lol... I do like a gamble.

Thanks for the link Daniels...
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

I've just had replies from france medical centres and participating chemist's.... They offer both pcr and antigen tests... We need to book in advance which isn't a hardship and there are 1000s of sites all over France, waiting to here back from German relatives as they offer them too...

Kinda looking good although extra costs but for me it's worth it.

Return to “TRAVEL”