PLEASE SHOW RESPECT

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
g00ner

Re: PLEASE SHOW RESPECT

Post by g00ner »

DanielS wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:12 pm That was in July 2020 - almost a year ago, in Kielder, England. Not that it makes it any better.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... auty-spots
:D :D :D

Like patronising a forum of middle aged bikers would tackle the issue anyhow.
moto al

Post by moto al »

HI CHAPS, I POSTED WHATS HAPPING I, GET A HARD TIME BIKERS, CAMPERVANS, CARS. THATS REALITIY , SO VERY SAD
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

a footnote, having wild camped at the northcap , iv never seen so much merd , left on my on my own home country completly out of order .sore
RY for my rant . i just hate to see this happen.AL
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

AND THIS IS OK.
IMG_E1642.JPG
IMG_E1642.JPG (65.89 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Attachments
IMG_E1642 (1).JPG
IMG_E1642 (1).JPG (65.89 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
moto al
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

bill_qaz wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:39 am Cheap camping gear and a use once mentality, they have probably driven home and just left it all.
Buy some more next time, cheaper than camping fees attitude, like the aftermath at concerts.
Unfortunately their fun is at somebody else's expense.
Pound to a penny that the A-Holes that leave that sort of sh1te in that area are Weeeggies . . . who should have still been walled up in the city according Heir Sturgeon.

It has happened enough times in the past, hence the local bye laws around Loch Lomond, which go against the Right to Roam legislation enacted by the Snippers back in 2005, preventing wild camping without permit!

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Steve 63

Post by Steve 63 »

moto al wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:05 pm HI CHAPS, I POSTED WHATS HAPPING I, GET A HARD TIME BIKERS, CAMPERVANS, CARS. THATS REALITIY , SO VERY SAD
With respect Al b y all means post up the bloody mess people leave behind and open up some debate, but do you really think that the people who read or post on here would even think of leaving any litter let alone the disgusting mess shown in some of these pictures, just saying...........
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Its not only a Scotland problem. I had a nice bike ride out yesterday and found a nice camp site and good facilities above a sandy beach and in some of the sandy areas of the beach itself, similar debris left by campers.

I think there should be an annual permit required for wild camping in any country. so that police can ask you for it if they find you camped. No permit, either everyone pays on the spot for one or goes home. The funds can be used to clean up this sort of mess, but more importantly it gives a power of in intervention to check and for more serious intervention if there is a large drinking group.

It might seem a lot, but a single annual cost in the order of £50 could help stop a lot of this happening and leave some funds for cleans ups if it does happen.

I love the idea of wild camping and would not be in favour of banning it but there has to be a solution to this problem.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:55 am Its not only a Scotland problem. I had a nice bike ride out yesterday and found a nice camp site and good facilities above a sandy beach and in some of the sandy areas of the beach itself, similar debris left by campers.

I think there should be an annual permit required for wild camping in any country. so that police can ask you for it if they find you camped. No permit, either everyone pays on the spot for one or goes home. The funds can be used to clean up this sort of mess, but more importantly it gives a power of in intervention to check and for more serious intervention if there is a large drinking group.

It might seem a lot, but a single annual cost in the order of £50 could help stop a lot of this happening and leave some funds for cleans ups if it does happen.

I love the idea of wild camping and would not be in favour of banning it but there has to be a solution to this problem.
A permit to camp is a terrible idea, you just end up funding a group of neo-Nazi jackbooted and uniformed enforcers (think Edinburgh traffic wardens) who will go around justifying their existence and probably not being around at the right time or be too scared to confront the Nesbit family on tour, so we end up with more restrictions as a reaction. It just won't work. Would I pay £50 if I went wild camping once or twice a year?....nope. Would I pay if I was an idiot who was going to dump my stuff anyway?....nope. The only people who would pay would be the very people who would not be dumping rubbish. Spot the irony.

The real issue is that councils and police aren't funded well enough to investigate these and other rural crimes. This is a societal problem. Societal problems need to be dealt with through general taxation and law enforcement, not by picking on a minority group. We, as bikers, should know the outcome of that approach.

The actions of the dumpers are already illegal, what we need is a coordinated approach to force police and councils to investigate and prosecute. As an example, if each scene was DNA tested and the results compared to the database or then uploaded to the database for future matching to criminals, we would have a chance of catching someone (however slim).

Sorry, I went on a bit......
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Elmer J Fudd wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:37 pm
and probably not being around at the right time or be too scared to confront the Nesbit family on tour
:lol: :lol: :lol:
one-legged adventurer
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

I thought some areas in Scotland already had a permit system, in England there is very little legal wild camping so a permit system would be of little use. There is legislation in place to deal with the idiots that dump kit in the countryside but it's left to the landowner to pursue once the culprits have left the scene.

Return to “TRAVEL”