Europe 2021

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
byewayrider

Europe 2021

Post by byewayrider »

Well I don't know if anyone else has been looking at ferry prices or eurotunnel for June 2021 onwards but its crazy expensive and limited crossings..

Somebody needs to give to get bumbs on seats or us from the UK will be stopping this side of the channel this year...

I understand its been hard but unless the boats are full they won't make money... Lots of the Brittany routes aren't sailing...
The prospect of touring in UK fills me with dread... Fully booked sites at high prices I'd rather cross the water and enjoy the wide open continental hospitality...
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
OnHellas

Re: Europe 2021

Post by OnHellas »

Prices for Eurotunnel and P and O Dover to Calais don’t look to bad to me. If going to Spain I prefer the ride down rather than a ferry to Santander or Bilbao.
Maybe living within 25 miles of Dover or the train helps.....?

Touring in the UK doesn’t hold much appeal to me either and riding around in circles just for the sake of it in my own area got old a while back.

Mojo, Mojo, where art though My Mojo?
johnnyboxer

Europe 2021

Post by johnnyboxer »

byewayrider wrote:Well I don't know if anyone else has been looking at ferry prices or eurotunnel for June 2021 onwards but its crazy expensive and limited crossings..

Somebody needs to give to get bumbs on seats or us from the UK will be stopping this side of the channel this year...

I understand its been hard but unless the boats are full they won't make money... Lots of the Brittany routes aren't sailing...
The prospect of touring in UK fills me with dread... Fully booked sites at high prices I'd rather cross the water and enjoy the wide open continental hospitality...
You can’t enter Europe at present
That ban may lift or it may not
Situation in Europe is worse than here and so I cannot see it changing before September
Plus you will need to be fully vaccinated (with proof) and provide a negative PCR test before departure
Plus a negative PCR test before re-entering UK
Gonna cost £100 for each test
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Our ferry tickets have been rolled over from last year and we will roll them over again for next if necessary.
In my experience the crowds flock to the usual places in this country so we will head to Northumberland, Forest of Bowland, inland Wales.
The one saving grace might be that Ireland will be open.
Personally I think France will open and the tests will come down in price - a lot can change in 2 months.

Good luck every one
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Just had an email from Brittany Ferries to say they have cancelled my sailing on 3rd June. They are going to start up again on the 7th June and so i've postponed my trip until later in the year when France goes on to the green list.
I really can't be arsed to get a test, go into quarantine or whatever else they come up with, i'll just wait it out. I'm waiting for my second jab.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Billy Bananahead wrote:Just had an email from Brittany Ferries to say they have cancelled my sailing on 3rd June. They are going to start up again on the 7th June and so i've postponed my trip until later in the year when France goes on to the green list.
I really can't be arsed to get a test, go into quarantine or whatever else they come up with, i'll just wait it out. I'm waiting for my second jab.
I think you will still need two PCR tests in and out of UK, even for green countries
Whether France goes on green list depends on if they get their infection rates down and their vaccination rates up, same for Germany and Italy and Spain
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

not worth the hassle this year for me ..to go abroad ...maby if bulgaria opens well get in a tour in september which would be nice .....last year and this year i stuck to the uk and its ace ..jjustr keep out of the touriset spot with the digs ..air band b gives some cracking options in random places ..just done a 5 day trip 700 miles in 5 long very interesting and very pretty days and just 7 hours to get home ..for not much more than the price of a ferry crossing .just ignored the busy places and rode through ..id agree mid wales northumberland dumphis /galloway will easy make three weeks very good riding withoit touching the rest of the uk ..we just need to get creative with the routes /trails and avoid the kids holidays..i i do love the uk its underated i think
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

We're planning on UK stuff this year, France could be late on the green list and if getting a longer ferry it will harder and more expensive.
Sister-in-Law lives on the edge of the Lakes and The Dales and wants us to look after the chickens for 2 weeks in July at their farmhouse so it's 2 bikes in the back of the van along with hiking gear and choose some out of the way stuff to do.
June looking at 4 nights midweek on a boat on the Great Ouse and then late September/early October will be a late decision based on how the World is.
This time next year I hope the 'therapeutic' pills will be in use plus routine flu/covid jabs will be developed.
Might even try some of the TeT/camping weekends if I get the time.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

Northumberland being mentioned a few times as a possible destination.
Why?, I can't for the life of me understand. It's horrible.
Don't come here, you'll hate it.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Mosel Bikes wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:32 pm Northumberland being mentioned a few times as a possible destination.
Why?, I can't for the life of me understand. It's horrible.
Don't come here, you'll hate it.
Further north is even worse :(

Return to “TRAVEL”