Europe 2021

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
bill_qaz

Re: Europe 2021

Post by bill_qaz »

]Oh give over.

You're heading for a situation where you're never going to do anything or go anywhere again. Covid isn't going to go away. If I catch it I catch it, though as I'll have had both vaccinations by then, it won't bother me anyway.

But it is far less likely in rural France where there is almost no one there than the English Lake District or Cornwall - or any of the tourist spots in the UK - all of which will be heaving with idiots from the UK that think you're more likely to catch Covid from Johnny Foreigner....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
[/quote]

I never mentioned johny foreigners, I said taking covid either way. Each person makes their choices and as you state if you catch it it won't bother you.
No vaccine for selfishness.
flamair

Post by flamair »

bill_qaz wrote:]Oh give over.

You're heading for a situation where you're never going to do anything or go anywhere again. Covid isn't going to go away. If I catch it I catch it, though as I'll have had both vaccinations by then, it won't bother me anyway.

But it is far less likely in rural France where there is almost no one there than the English Lake District or Cornwall - or any of the tourist spots in the UK - all of which will be heaving with idiots from the UK that think you're more likely to catch Covid from Johnny Foreigner....

I never mentioned johny foreigners, I said taking covid either way. Each person makes their choices and as you state if you catch it it won't bother you.
No vaccine for selfishness.[/quote]

You implied travelling to France was unacceptable and selfish. So, unless you're advocating no travelling anywhere, by implication you're suggesting the French are more likely to give me Covid. Alternatively yourevsuggesting I must not travel to France as I may take it there, but it is ok for me to take it to Scotland or the Lakes then?

Err.. everyone else will be vaccinated then you muppet..!!! Also, I do not stop driving because some people choose to not wear a seatbelt...

Good grief.... Covid hasn't half brought those that are hard of thinking to the surface ..

Remember, you're unique!

(Just like everyone else)
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Thank you for your deep insite into the opinions and personality of a person from a post.
Enjoy your travels wherever and whenever. :roll:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

For anyone just about to book for France .............

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/france-impos ... 21199.html
one-legged adventurer
berin

Post by berin »

crofty wrote:attitudes to risk are interesting.
I believe the general public view of motorcycling is that it is dangerous activity, it is listed on the dangerous activities on my insurers lists (Nationwide)
I wonder where the greater risk lies. Travelling the average mileage per year by motorcycle or taking a average 2 week holiday to a green list country when you have had both covid vaccinations.
Personally it's not the risk of catching covid that puts me off, its the hassle of testing, isolating, paperwork etc plus the uncertainty that I might/probably would be riding without medical/travel insurance
I’m with you there. I’m not at risk from Covid but I am at risk of a false positive PCR (recently rejected by Sweden as a valid indication of Covid without symptoms) thus turning my 2 week holiday into a 2 week holiday and 2 weeks in a quarantine hotel in Santander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ErikGustav2

Post by ErikGustav2 »

My personal view.

I have 2 conditions to do any touring in Europe

1) That I am fully vaccinated.
Than I can manage the risk. I drive solo, Camp a lot. Prepare some of my own food. I do not drink alcohol, so no bars and pubs for me. I do not travel to party. But for scenery/culture....

2) That a proof of vaccination is enough for border crossing. No hassel with tests and costs for that. At every boarder crossing.

For #1: I got my second shot 1 week ago. 2 more weeks and I have max protection. (Never 100%: But even if I would get sick, it is very low probability that it would be severe. That is a risk level that is OK. When behaving in a way that does not create uneccesary risk.

For #2: Work is ongoing.
https://afp.omni.se/eu-member-states-eu ... s/a/kRlw1v

So for now. I will stay within one country. (First in Portugal. And later in Sweden. Touring the Swedish nature)

No plans or predictions for Covid19 have been correct. But with vaccination in place and a "Covid Travel Pass" on the way. I hope for the alps in the end on the summer.
=
I do not know how Brexit affect this covid pass. But I am sure it will be solved. The tourism in southern Europe depends on British tourists.
=
I will have my own adminstrative problem. Swedish citizen, Portuguese resident and vaccinated in Portugal.
Sweden will not give me a vaccin certificate. Since my vaccinations are not registered in Sweden. And my Portuguese card. No!! Just the shots given by the health care in Sweden are valid.
Portugal ? Will the give this "pass" to people that are not Portuguese citizens ?

Will only electronic certificates downloaded to your mobile be valid. Or will a vaccination card on paper be valid ??
Last edited by ErikGustav2 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

That's a much more sensible approach, Erik.

Those of us interested in bike touring, camping at night, cooking ourselves outdoors, staying largely clear of cities, restaurants and bars and spending all day in the fresh air - are far less likely to have any issue whatsoever. We are of minimal risk to ourselves or others. But governments can't know everybody's individual intentions when they go travelling, so they have to set rules that fit with worse case scenarios. Right now a heavy lager drinking brit from Bolton sat all day in a spanish bar and then moving around a crowded hotel is a genuine bio-hazard. So the testing rules are necessary for that scenario.
berin

Post by berin »

ErikGustav2 wrote:My personal view.

I have 2 conditions to do any touring in Europe

1) That I am fully vaccinated.
Than I can manage the risk. I drive solo, Camp a lot. Prepare some of my own food. I do not drink alcohol, so no bars and pubs for me. I do not travel to party. But for scenery/culture....

2) That a proof of vaccination is enough for border crossing. No hassel with tests and costs for that. At every boarder crossing.

For #1: I got my second shot 1 week ago. 2 more weeks and I have max protection. (Never 100%: But even if I would get sick, it is very low probability that it would be severe. That is a risk level that is OK. When behaving in a way that does not create uneccesary risk.

For #2: Work is ongoing.
https://afp.omni.se/eu-member-states-eu ... s/a/kRlw1v

So for now. I will stay within one country. (First in Portugal. And later in Sweden. Touring the Swedish nature)

No plans or predictions for Covid19 have been correct. But with vaccination in place and a "Covid Travel Pass" on the way. I hope for the alps in the end on the summer.
=
I do not know how Brexit affect this covid pass. But I am sure it will be solved. The tourism in southern Europe depends on British tourists.
=
I will have my own adminstrative problem. Swedish citizen, Portuguese resident and vaccinated in Portugal.
Sweden will not give me a vaccin certificate. Since my vaccinations are not registered in Sweden. And my Portuguese card. No!! Just the shots given by the health care in Sweden are valid.
Portugal ? Will the give this "pass" to people that are not Portuguese citizens ?

Will only electronic certificates downloaded to your mobile be valid. Or will a vaccination card on paper be valid ??
Have you checked that your travel insurance will cover you for a vaccine adverse event? I haven’t yet checked with mine yet but the fact still remains they are only licenced under an emergency protocol so it’s worth checking.

Check your life insurance too. Remember the Pharma companies have no liability so it’s up to us all to make sure we’re properly covered elsewhere.

I must remember to check my health insurance too.

ErikGustav2

Post by ErikGustav2 »

berin wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:14 pm
Have you checked that your travel insurance will cover you for a vaccine adverse event? I haven’t yet checked with mine yet but the fact still remains they are only licenced under an emergency protocol so it’s worth checking.

=> What does that has to do with travelling ? And that risk is very minor compared to all other risks. I don't worry.
BTW. Inside EU, I have access to public health care in case of emergency. Travel insurance is for cover things that get stolen, you luggage get lost...

Check your life insurance too. Remember the Pharma companies have no liability so it’s up to us all to make sure we’re properly covered elsewhere.

=> I have no use for life insurance. You can't take anything with you when that day comes......

berin

Post by berin »

ErikGustav2 wrote:
berin wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:14 pm

=> What does that has to do with travelling ? And that risk is very minor compared to all other risks. I don't worry.
BTW. Inside EU, I have access to public health care in case of emergency. Travel insurance is for cover things that get stolen, you luggage get lost...

=> I have no use for life insurance. You can't take anything with you when that day comes......

Well, duh, Erik, travel insurance is for, well, travelling. Why else would you have it? And the major risk, in terms of cost, that you have when travelling is health related, not losing your handbag.

I’ve personally had a $100k bill for medivac and emergency treatment, and I also personally know people who have been left languishing in 3rd world hospitals with severe injuries because they didn’t have insurance and couldn’t pay the bills to get home.

Health insurers like BUPA have confirmed that vaccine adverse events aren’t covered, of which there are currently about 800,0000 reported through the UK VAERS.

But yeah, travel insurance, why bother? Just hang on to your handbag tightly.

Return to “TRAVEL”