Legally free to ride again

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
dave h

Legally free to ride again

Post by dave h »

I guess the date to aim for is 29th march.

as i read it we are free to legally[as opposed to morally] travel where we like in a group of 6 [in England]

four weeks to pump up the tyres and check the oil :D

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 21-summary

dave
Tonibe63

Re: Legally free to ride again

Post by Tonibe63 »

I've got my HGV medical today and thought about going on the bike but not sure it will be good for the blood pressure check having not been on a bike for 8 months :lol:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
MotoCP

Post by MotoCP »

I’ve commuted to work on mine all this week.
Only 5 miles each way but by god does it feel good to be back on two wheels!
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

We have always been legally free to ride a motorbike... I've been using mine all the time except when really cold or very wet then take the car..

And not sure on the 6 riders part but you will be able to travel outside of your local area..... For exercise obviously..

The law is a ass...... And it will lemming city with bikes out the Sunday before can gaurentee that.... I'm staying at home or using car bound to be loads of accidents...
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 am I've got my HGV medical today and thought about going on the bike but not sure it will be good for the blood pressure check having not been on a bike for 8 months :lol:

Dowt it will arrive back soon as dvla have huge back logs.... Take the bike... Its bound to rain lol..
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Tramp wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:37 am
Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 am I've got my HGV medical today and thought about going on the bike but not sure it will be good for the blood pressure check having not been on a bike for 8 months :lol:

Dowt it will arrive back soon as dvla have huge back logs.... Take the bike... Its bound to rain lol..
Lol, I've got the 11 month extension period which covers me until middle of November 2021, even DVLA can't be that slow surely :?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:50 am
Tramp wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:37 am

Lol, I've got the 11 month extension period which covers me until middle of November 2021, even DVLA can't be that slow surely :?

11 months when did that come in? Have you got written confermation as the dvla records won't show you've got a extension like they did with vehicle mot extensions...

If your stopped and the police etc check your in for fun times explaining... 4 months is average replacement times..
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

It's on the .gov website a screenshot of which I have on my phone. It was brought out in April 2020 and applies to licences due for renewal up to 31st December 2020.

"Imagewww.gov.uk › renew-lorry-bus-coa...
Renew or change a lorry or bus licence - GOV.UK

If you’re 45 or over
Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), you currently do not need to provide a medical report (form D4) to apply to renew your licence.

If your application is successful, you'll get a 1 year licence.

If your licence expired between 1 February and 31 December 2020
Your driving licence or entitlement to drive in the UK was automatically extended for 11 months. This is because of coronavirus (COVID-19).

The extension started from the date your licence was due to expire.

You will not get a new licence as part of the automatic extension. You'll only get a new licence when you renew it.

You can renew your licence online at any time before the extension ends.

Renew your licence as normal if it expires on or after 1 January 2021"
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Took the bike and really enjoyed it. Had to do some filtering, which is not part of my normal type of riding, and unsurprisingly my blood pressure was 'raised' but not bad enough to fail the medical :D :D :D
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

HGV medical on 27th Feb, form sent to DVLA registered post the same day, new licence received by me on 12th March and all categories are correct.
That is less than 2 weeks from start to finish, well done DVLA :) :) :)

Return to “TRAVEL”