Continental updates please

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
daveuprite

Re: Continental updates please

Post by daveuprite »

Well I'd be very careful if you're a UK biker thinking about a good-length Euro tour this Summer/Autumn. Obviously no-one wants to put a dampener on these things but just take a look at the wider situation. UK has by far the largest and fastest growing number of CV19 cases in all of Europe right now, and its government has done the opposite of what science would dictate in such circumstances. So you have a graph going in a bad direction and a government actively ignoring it rather than tackling it.

So what might the neighbouring countries think in those circumstances? Shut the door, is what I'd expect them to think. Just because Johnson doesn't act in the face of a threat doesn't mean that the EU won't.

It doesn't matter that the UK leadership is encouraging travel and removing barriers; the places where UK travelers want to go might well decide to lock them out, and you don't want to be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's happened a few times now already. UK holidaymakers risking a couple of weeks in Portugal only to have it all curtailed at great expense to themselves.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

daveuprite wrote:Well I'd be very careful if you're a UK biker thinking about a good-length Euro tour this Summer/Autumn. Obviously no-one wants to put a dampener on these things but just take a look at the wider situation. UK has by far the largest and fastest growing number of CV19 cases in all of Europe right now, and its government has done the opposite of what science would dictate in such circumstances. So you have a graph going in a bad direction and a government actively ignoring it rather than tackling it.

So what might the neighbouring countries think in those circumstances? Shut the door, is what I'd expect them to think. Just because Johnson doesn't act in the face of a threat doesn't mean that the EU won't.

It doesn't matter that the UK leadership is encouraging travel and removing barriers; the places where UK travelers want to go might well decide to lock them out, and you don't want to be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's happened a few times now already. UK holidaymakers risking a couple of weeks in Portugal only to have it all curtailed at great expense to themselves.
Wise words
I cannot believe what The government is doing
60,000 people at Wembley last night
Utter folly
Complete madness
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

third_country.jpeg
third_country.jpeg (92.4 KiB) Viewed 1432 times
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well here's another piece of Johnson government madness:

They just announced that UK residents injected by the NHS would be allowed to travel abroad and not face quarantine on their return to the UK. OK, fine.

But not if you are british and living outside the UK and you've been vaccinated by another health service! They have just left out british people living abroad!

We have been double vaccinated by health services of either a similar or often superior standard to the NHS, using vaccines approved by the EU, WHO and the UK itself. And yet we are still required to quarantine if we travel to the UK.

Hundreds of thousands of us are being denied the right of quarantine free entry to England.

We don't know if this is an incompetent omission or another example of 'Britain is Best' flag-waving nonsense from a rogue government. At the very least it's deeply unfair.

(Before anyone complains, yes this is a 'continental update' and thanks to the Johnson regime it cannot be divorced from the politics. If you feel as strongly about this as brits living outside the UK feel right now, please send an email to your MP about it - thanks.)
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

He is just letting the hordes from uk have their summer hols abroad as the UK isn't big enough, bookings went crazy yesterday as did cancellations to UK places
... Was always going to happen..

Don't think anyone has reported it but the EU dosent recognise the astra zenica jab made in India that most in UK have had although the EU recognises the Indian made jab used in India..

It's all a beaurocratic fuck up... Headless chickens et Al.... The customs immigration are not checking vaccine database so dosent really matter anyway..

I HONESTLY think test kits in UK will become scarce so that will be dropped ot folks can't go abroad...

And Wembley is no different than the local supermarkets and pubs are at moment... Rammed.
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

In Spain you can apply for a printed certificate as in UK to confirm yer had both jabs. I would imagine France will be or are doing same.
Grant Chaps seems to think EU will be following UKs electric confirmation - done on a smart phone etc.
I dont think EU will "follow" UK anywhere so soonish after brexit
What is gonna be hard to is for drivers travelling through a few countries to "Book" their 2 extra PCR tests for day 2 and day 5 whilst en-route.
I aint traveling now for at least another month till
They sort this shit out simpler OR scrap it OR UK goes back to lockup/down
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Mickdb1 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:07 am In Spain you can apply for a printed certificate as in UK to confirm yer had both jabs. I would imagine France will be or are doing same.
Grant Chaps seems to think EU will be following UKs electric confirmation - done on a smart phone etc.
I dont think EU will "follow" UK anywhere so soonish after brexit
What is gonna be hard to is for drivers travelling through a few countries to "Book" their 2 extra PCR tests for day 2 and day 5 whilst en-route.
I aint traveling now for at least another month till
They sort this shit out simpler OR scrap it OR UK goes back to lockup/down
In France we've had electronic QR code vaccination certificates right from the start Mick. And paper ones too for those who prefer. The whole of the EU 27 are moving to an EU-wide CV19 Vax Certificate, which you can get by uploading your nation's second jab QR code to the EU-wide system. As soon as 2 weeks has passed after your 2nd jab you can then download the Euro-Vax Certificate. Doesn't apply in UK for obvious reasons.

I've got both french jabs as a french certificate and just applied for the Euro one, which is live today I think. Then I'll be allowed to move freely between EU borders and any border checks or internal country police can just ask to see the EU Certificate. A simple and all-encompassing scheme.

The problem is that the capricious UK is currently not recognising these certificates for non-residents (including UK passport holders living abroad). Thousands of us have flooded Grant Schapps' email with protest letters this morning, and we are getting a few reports that he is backing down and has said that 'he always intended to sort us out in "Phase II". This is obvious bollocks, made up this morning to cover for the balls-up, but at least it looks like it might be solved. Why does that ridiculous clown government get everything so consistently wrong and then pretend they meant it all along? It's the kind of thing primary school kids do lying to their teachers/parents - quite pathetic.
Toe

Post by Toe »

byewayrider wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:01 am He is just letting the hordes from uk have their summer hols abroad as the UK isn't big enough, bookings went crazy yesterday as did cancellations to UK places
... Was always going to happen..

Don't think anyone has reported it but the EU dosent recognise the astra zenica jab made in India that most in UK have had although the EU recognises the Indian made jab used in India..

It's all a beaurocratic fuck up... Headless chickens et Al.... The customs immigration are not checking vaccine database so dosent really matter anyway..

I HONESTLY think test kits in UK will become scarce so that will be dropped ot folks can't go abroad...

And Wembley is no different than the local supermarkets and pubs are at moment... Rammed.
The UK ordered 100 million AZ doses. Apparently "only" 5 million doses are the Indian made ones, the other 95 million or so come from plants in north Wales and Staffordshire.
Batch numbers for the Indian ones are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-57665765

Despite that, I couldn't agree more. Every step has been a colossal fuck up.
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Its all about the financial impact, remember Boris has to take that into account.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Toe wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:38 pmBatch numbers for the Indian ones are 4120Z001, 4120Z002 and 4120Z003.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-57665765
After reading this I checked the details on the paper letter I received recently of my vaccination batches and found out that my 1st dose was from the 4120Z003 batch so that leaves me wondering what might happen if I travel in the future

Edit: to throw even more confusion into the mix, the batch number hand written on the card they gave me is the Z002 batch, and the number on the letter for the same vaccination is the Z003 batch

Return to “TRAVEL”