Continental updates please

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
daveuprite

Re: Continental updates please

Post by daveuprite »

Hot off the press. The latest from Castex in France.

https://www.france24.com/en/france/2021 ... 3B8M1rRrZ0
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Curfew forward by an hour, yeeeeeeah, extra hour dirt riding :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

A quick translation of the key points from Castex's speech last night:

BACKGROUND
73% of infections are now variant Britanique, more infectious and dangerous than previous variants. The number of infection continues to increase to unacceptable levels.

Ile de France and Hauts de France are the areas currently most impacted and under stress in the hospitals and Seine-Maritime, Eure and Alpes Maritime numbers also remain worryingly high.

LOCALIZED RE-CONFINEMENT
As a result, the following departments are passing into strict confinement from this Friday evening at midnight for four weeks - 16 departments in all -

The 8 departments of the Ile de France
The 5 departments of Hauts de France
and the 3 departments of Alpes Maritimes, Seine-Maritime and the Eure
There will be an interdiction (ban) to move between the regions within these zones except for professional or urgency reasons.

Ces nouvelles restrictions sont pour le moment instaurées dans 16 départements: l'Aisne (02), les Alpes-Maritimes (06), l'Eure (27), le Nord (59), l'Oise (60)le Pas-de-Calais (62), Paris (75), la Seine-Maritime (76), la Seine-et-Marne (77), les Yvelines (78), la Somme (80), l'Essonne (91), les Hauts-de-Seine (92), la Seine-Saint-Denis (93), le Val-de-Marne (94) et le Val-d'Oise (95).

Essential schools and commerce will remain open during the confinement in those areas. Lycees will pass to alternate weeks. Universities in those regions will continue on their current basis.

Outside activities will be authorised but for physical activities and not for example to gather for bbq's or meetups.

Attestations will be required within those zones for all time outside of the home. These will be updated on the government website and the Tous Anti-Covid application.

There will be a limit of 10km displacement from the home within these zones but no limit on the time.

GENERAL CURFEW CHANGES
Curfew across the whole country moves to 19h from this Saturday 20th March and will take into account the next move into summer hours

INCREASED TELETRAVAIL (Homeworking by computer) ACROSS ALL COUNTRY
For all working employees are asked to work four days out of five on teletravail for those that can across all France.

VACCINATION PROGRAMME
The European Heath Authority has confirmed that it is confident that the vaccine Astra Zeneca is safe and effective and as such it will be re-authorised for use from tomorrow. There were increased efforts being put in place to speed up the vaccination programme.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

chunky butt wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:18 am Curfew forward by an hour, yeeeeeeah, extra hour dirt riding :D
Yeah - good for us at your place on Sunday, Steve. Looking forward to it old bean...

Still waiting to hear from Ian. If he's coming, we'll van it together. If not I'll drive over on my own.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Thanks for the update
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

In Spain, daily confirmed new cases have increased by 50% in the past 4 days in line with France and Italy. I'm getting the ferry to the UK this week, so I won't be 'on the ground' so to speak, but i'll still get information from the same sources.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

AlanHolt wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:48 am In Spain, daily confirmed new cases have increased by 50% in the past 4 days in line with France and Italy. I'm getting the ferry to the UK this week, so I won't be 'on the ground' so to speak, but i'll still get information from the same sources.
So what's involved in getting that ferry, Alan? Any covid testing? Are you going direct from Spain or through France?
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

daveuprite wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:58 am
AlanHolt wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:48 am In Spain, daily confirmed new cases have increased by 50% in the past 4 days in line with France and Italy. I'm getting the ferry to the UK this week, so I won't be 'on the ground' so to speak, but i'll still get information from the same sources.
So what's involved in getting that ferry, Alan? Any covid testing? Are you going direct from Spain or through France?
I need to get a PCR test 72hrs prior to leaving Spain. This means that I have to travel 70 minutes to Tortosa and pay €90 for the test. That in itself involves making a prior appointment, completing a form justifying my movements as it involves crossing an internal border. The results come through by email in 24-48hrs (my friend got his negative result in 26hrs), and that allows me to get on the ferry (or plane). I'll be travelling from Santander to Portsmouth as its easier than driving through France in the current climate. Prior to boarding, I must book and pay for my two UK covid quarantine tests (£210) and complete my passenger locator form.

So the total cost of a one way journey, travelling on my own in my Passat estate, MTB on the roof and towing a 3m x 2m motorbike trailer.
£409 for the ferry
£99 for the cabin
£80 for the PCR test in Spain
£210 for the covid tests in the UK

I wish I could stay in Spain, but its impossible to support myself now. Luckily, I have residency and property, and remain self-employed in Spain, so I can return at any point in the next 6 months if I choose to. If I stay in the UK more than 6 months, I lose my residency.
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Alan, make sure you phone is charged and turned on when your on uk soil as the immigration service are now checking unlike last year... If you don't reply to phone the police will come door knocking or even a arrest warrenty issued..

My neighbours put the wrong house address down in February... Opps the police weren't amused...

Have you booked in for a covid injection in UK if you still have a NHS number it's possible...
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

byewayrider wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:55 am Alan, make sure you phone is charged and turned on when your on uk soil as the immigration service are now checking unlike last year... If you don't reply to phone the police will come door knocking or even a arrest warrenty issued..

My neighbours put the wrong house address down in February... Opps the police weren't amused...

Have you booked in for a covid injection in UK if you still have a NHS number it's possible...
I'm registered in the Spanish health system, but I can get the vaccine in the UK as soon as my quarantine ends.

I'll have some interesting questions about the quarantine when they call, like if i'm supposed to stay in isolation, why do I have to go to the next town to post my day 2 and day 8 test results?

Return to “TRAVEL”