Continental updates please

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Barcelona Pat

Re: Continental updates please

Post by Barcelona Pat »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:52 pm Just had a quick scoot through that form, Pat. Looks like it's only for people FLYING in to Spain. Is that right? We'll be driving in across the Pyrenees.

Cheers, Dave
Interesting question Dave.

The online health declaration is for arrivals at airports and ports. I Just had a quick look at the Spanish gov website about entry by land routes and found this:

1.B. Entradas por vía terrestre

Todas las personas de 12 años o más, procedentes de países o zonas de riesgo que lleguen a España por vía terrestre deberán disponer de alguna de las certificaciones que arriba se recogen (de vacunación o prueba diagnóstica o recuperación). Quedan exceptuados de este requisito:

los profesionales del trasporte por carretera en el ejercicio de su actividad profesional,
los trabajadores trasfronterizos,
los residentes en zonas fronterizas, en un radio de 30 km alrededor de su lugar de residencia.
--------------
* Las características clave del certificado son: formato digital o en papel, con código QR, gratuito, emitido en la lengua nacional y en inglés, seguro y fiable, válido en todos los países de la UE

Essentially its saying that all those over 12 years old (with exception for certain workers) have to have the full vaccination or recuperation certificate. It does talk about coming from 'at risk' countries - but right now that is pretty much everywhere under Spanish rules.

As for policing, we have seen roadside spot checks on the news, as well as around the Costa Brava since Easter when we go up to our 'weekender'. We've not been stopped and I wasn't able to gauge if they were targeting certain types of number plates. Clearly there will be no 'border' presence and they can't really police all routes from France, but it does seem they are doing some checking for now. Might change by Sept...

Cheers
Pat
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

berin wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:07 pm Unless I’m reading this wrongly, it says there are no entry requirements related to Covid for travelling to Spain from the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi
There are some, depending on your mode of arrival etc and whether you can meet the certification requirements to evidence being fully vaccinated. Eg if you've not been fully vaccinated (or don't have the certificate to prove it) you'll have to have a negative PCR (or other approved) test within 48 hours of travel. So nothing like the 10 day isolation the UK imposes, or anything that might prevent your entry (as there was earlier in the year), but still some hoops to jump through. And they seem to change regularly (as in the UK).
Hope that helps
Pat
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks again Pat. We've all have had our double jabs done, with the french system QR code on our phones (and printed out). As I understand it the idea is that there will be an EU-wide CV19 Vaccination Certificate available from early July, which as French residents we will be able to upload our French QR code into and make it EU-wide. I guess that will be enough. But if the Spanish authorities want more, we'll provide it. There's no more we can do really - we will all be double jabbed plus at least 8 weeks since the second jab. Happy to do lateral flows too if they're asked for. I just want my dirty camping holiday in the mountains!
berin

Post by berin »

Barcelona Pat wrote:
berin wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:07 pm Unless I’m reading this wrongly, it says there are no entry requirements related to Covid for travelling to Spain from the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

Hi
There are some, depending on your mode of arrival etc and whether you can meet the certification requirements to evidence being fully vaccinated. Eg if you've not been fully vaccinated (or don't have the certificate to prove it) you'll have to have a negative PCR (or other approved) test within 48 hours of travel. So nothing like the 10 day isolation the UK imposes, or anything that might prevent your entry (as there was earlier in the year), but still some hoops to jump through. And they seem to change regularly (as in the UK).
Hope that helps
Pat
Interesting, maybe FCO have missed something here, since this from the FCO does state no vaccines or tests are required, unless travelling by road from France or if the traveller has visited a risk country in the previous 14 days, or are visiting the Islands.

I would normally go on FCO advice alone, but it looks like it could be wrong here based on your local knowledge.

“From 24 May, entry restrictions and testing requirements for arrivals from the UK to Spain no longer apply. However, requirements may still apply if:

You have travelled to a ‘risk country’ within 14 days prior to arrival in Spain. See Testing requirements if travelling from a ‘risk country’
You are travelling from mainland Spain to the Balearic or Canary Islands. See Testing requirements for arrivals from mainland Spain
You are staying in tourist accommodation in the Canary Islands. See Testing requirements for arrivals from the UK
You are travelling overland (by road or rail) from France. See Testing requirements for overland travellers”

“Testing requirements for arrivals from the UK
From 24 May, arrivals from the UK are no longer subject to testing requirements unless they have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk’ countries in the 14 days prior to travel to Spain.”

berin

Post by berin »

Ah, I see the op here isn’t a British resident or is not travelling from the UK, so the FCO advice doesn’t apply.

So oddly, I can get on a boat or plane from the UK and travel to Spain with no vaccines or tests but someone from France can’t!

moto al

Post by moto al »

my great friend PASCAL ,from BELGIUM ,has just traveled all the way too spain with not a problem , its about the uk get there act together ... NO DICECTION AND NO POLICIES . A FRIGGIN JOKE
moto al
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

berin wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:52 pm Ah, I see the op here isn’t a British resident or is not travelling from the UK, so the FCO advice doesn’t apply.

So oddly, I can get on a boat or plane from the UK and travel to Spain with no vaccines or tests but someone from France can’t!

Sorry if I wasn't clear. At present, when travelling from the UK (as I will be on Thursday) you will need either a certificate showing full vaccination or recovery immunity - or you will have to have a certified negative PCR test to gain entry into Spain. If using plane or boat, you'll also have to complete the Spanish government's online health declaration form.

It seems, right now, the only difference when travelling by land from France into Spain is that you don't need the online health declaration form.

That is as it is now - but it will change, particularly as systems are harmonised across countries.
berin

Post by berin »

Barcelona Pat wrote:
berin wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:52 pm Ah, I see the op here isn’t a British resident or is not travelling from the UK, so the FCO advice doesn’t apply.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. At present, when travelling from the UK (as I will be on Thursday) you will need either a certificate showing full vaccination or recovery immunity - or you will have to have a certified negative PCR test to gain entry into Spain. If using plane or boat, you'll also have to complete the Spanish government's online health declaration form.

It seems, right now, the only difference when travelling by land from France into Spain is that you don't need the online health declaration form.

That is as it is now - but it will change, particularly as systems are harmonised across countries.
Ok, then that’s not the same as the FCO page which does say, no tests or vaccine needed when travelling from the UK.

berin

Post by berin »

FCO have now updated the page for Spain, tests, immunity or vaccination required for entry from 1st July.

Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Return to “TRAVEL”