Continental updates please

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Spike941

Re: Continental updates please

Post by Spike941 »

Yep, my first jab was an Indian one, so now given up any thoughts for another year of a European bike trip. Not to worry though, just booked 2 nights in Llandrindod Wells at the end of the month for a 3 day world tour of Wales, both north and south.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Macron gave us a speech last night. Main points:

1) New campaign to vaccinate all school children begins when they return from summer holidays in September

2) Compulsory vaccination of all health workers. Non-vaccinated health workers won't receive a salary nor be allowed to work after September 15.

3) PCR tests will no longer be free of charge from the autumn, unless they are obtained with a prescription, It is hoped the measure will drive up vaccination rates by encouraging people to get the vaccine rather than just repeated Covid-19 tests.

4) A QR code or certificate proving that the holder has a negative Covid-19 test, is fully vaccinated or recently recovered from Covid-19 – will be required throughout different establishments in France from August, including bars, restaurants, cafés and shopping centres.

Apparently the 'doctolib' web site (that's the site you use to book a vaccination) crashed last night in response to the mass of vaccination requests. It seems that if you make vaccination a condition for having a meal/drink in a restaurant suddenly the anti-vaxxers forget their 'principles' !
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

Thanks Dave for your helpful information and updates regarding "what's happening in France"
Also thanks to all the other lads and Lasses for their inputs to realtime info. Much better than the news channels gossip
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Mickdb1 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:42 am Thanks Dave for your helpful information and updates regarding "what's happening in France"
No worries, Mick. I think there's another announcement in the next few days about travel (inc UK to France) so I'll post that up when it happens.

Just as this thread might help UK bikers wanting to travel to mainland Europe, I get useful info on here from those of us in Spain - where I'll be going in September (I hope...).
Mickdb1

Post by Mickdb1 »

The main problem I find is finding real information and not "we think the Gov will etc."
Then there are the "leaks of info" that turn out to be just shite and confusing - maybe mischievously intended too
The best things about Bikers in general is we tend to not "follow" but assess the info and make our minds up - well me and me mate John doo mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You dont pack up biking when you grow old

You grow old when you pack up biking
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Well that seems to have worked. Macron's recent announcement that you wouldn't be able to get into a French bar or a restaurant without a vax certificate has led to 926,000 people booking their first jab over the course of Monday! Excellent kick up the arse. :lol:

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/2021 ... FXWSr-OsFg
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

It's gone mad since Macron's semi-compulsory vaccine announcement. 1.35 million jab appointments booked in one day! Mainly under 40s. Take a look at this graph:

It seems not everyone is all that bothered about all this 'freedom of choice, personal responsibility' crap. Sometimes people respond better to just being told to get on with it or else...
:lol:
simonw

Post by simonw »

It really beggars belief that people need that kick up the arse. I heard the other day that the only Covid patient on ICU in one of the local hospitals is a 50+ year male who "just hadn't got around to getting his jab". Go figure.
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

Seems that Balearic Islands are set to move from green to amber next Monday (19th) for travel or return to the UK.

And elsewhere in Spain some autonomous communities (such as Catalunya) are proposing to re-introduce some restrictions - such as reducing size of gatherings and late night curfews in certain municipalities in response to rapidly increasing rates, largely amoung younger population.

Being totally selfish, I can´t say I´m sad about this. I´m a bit of a lightweight these days as I can´t drink and rarely go out at night - and previous curfews did reduce incidences of piss-heads shouting in the street in the wee hours (one group woke us at 4:30 am last weekend!). It is a bit of a thing here particularly in the warmer weather.

So, either a good thing, or I´m becoming a grumpy old fart :D
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Barcelona Pat wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:37 pm So, either a good thing, or I´m becoming a grumpy old fart :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd call it an adjustment of values ;)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “TRAVEL”