Continental updates please

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
daveuprite

Re: Continental updates please

Post by daveuprite »

Well there's going to be a difference between what you are allowed to do, and what you can get away with if you don't get caught. I presume this thread is about what you're actually allowed to do in each country?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I tend to watch a few 'vanlife' vloggers in area's that I am interested in to see how things are going for them. Some of their latest vlogs can be a few days out of date but it gives an idea of what is happening. I have to say most are having to observe some sort of isolation or curfew rules and all are restricted in some way. It definitely isn't a free for all and if anything it is getting worse in France, Spain and Portugal.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveWat wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:09 am
johnnyboxer wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:48 pm
AlanHolt wrote:
Remember guys, just because Boris says foreign holidays can start again soon, it doesn't mean your chosen destination will be open.

I'm aghast at the surge in bookings on this basis.
British people are stupid
Booking foreign and/or uk holidays in 2021 is plain stupid
We are another year away from any kind of normality
I’ve got India booked for 22/June/2021, Hull - Zeebrugge booked for early September 2021.
Good luck with that, I shall just book a ferry late summer, if we can go
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:07 am Well there's going to be a difference between what you are allowed to do, and what you can get away with if you don't get caught. I presume this thread is about what you're actually allowed to do in each country?
Yes please and remember folks, no politics or moral dilemmas - that’s what the pubs for.
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:52 am
SHarper wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:33 am My friends son and his pals have chucked their enduro bikes in the back of the van and gone to Northern Spain for two weeks off-roading, with no hassle from anyone.
I’m not saying it’s right or otherwise, just stating a fact.
What is their accommodation? Back of van, tent, self catering, hotel?
I didn’t know so I asked, it’s not Northern Spain, he’s in a place just to the West of Girona, stopping in digs for 20 yo-yos a night.
MR X

Post by MR X »

SHarper wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:33 am My friends son and his pals have chucked their enduro bikes in the back of the van and gone to Northern Spain for two weeks off-roading, with no hassle from anyone.
I’m not saying it’s right or otherwise, just stating a fact.
[/quo

If they ae going through France I would be amazed !
they are only letting anyone from Your country in If they can prove they live /or have a valid excuse
to get in , with paperwork to back it up.

And on another note don't forget that the UK gov Are now handing fines out if you manage to get off the boat
with out a self test kit for when you get to the UK , the UK Gov will ask you for £1000.
so you will be charged £200 for this before you get on the boat .
and then if you drive into Spain you have to have a test 72 hours before hand that id clear and the same getting back into France .
:x
ErikGustav2

Portugal

Post by ErikGustav2 »

Portugal has a system that they decide 2 weeks at a time.
It has to do with constitution in some way. The president approve state of emergency 2 weeks at a time.
The formal decision comes a couple of days before the period starts

E.G today 26/2 was decision taken for 2-16/3.
Then around 12/3 it will be decided for next 2 weeks.
=
The government has announced, on 26 February, a new period of state of emergency, in force between 2 and 16 March, after the President of the Republic, in a statement to the country, advised against ending lockdown before Easter, for "prudence" and "security".
=

The rule regarding traffic on the road for now is basically: NO! Stay at home.
No circulation on the roads. With a list of exceptions like
- Going to work if you can't work remote (Certificate needed)
- Going to hospital
- Going to buy food
- Going to pharmacy
- Or.....

So just taking a tour with your bike on the road it not allowed (I have not seen anything about trails. But then you need to get there)
And the Police is checking.
Also the land border from Spain is checked.

So consider Portugal closed for next two weeks
And expect it to continue at least until beginning of April

So my bike has been parked for quite some time.
Expect for going to buy medicine and food.
And I do not except any changes 17/3, but that the rules will continue to end of March.
After that... who knows.

https://covid19estamoson.gov.pt/new-sta ... -measures/

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... arch/58546

General lockdown
There will be a general duty of home retreat.
It will not be allowed to circulate in public spaces and roads, with the exception of authorized travel on which the following stand out:
- acquisition of essential goods and services;
- access to public services;
- professional activities (if accompanied by a statement);
- health reasons;
- assistance to vulnerable people;
- school attendance;
- short walks for physical activity, individually or with members of the same household;
- pet walk;
- travelling necessary to enter or leave the mainland, including those necessary to travel to and from the plece of accommodation;
- homecoming within the framework of permitted situations;
- refuelling at petrol stations as part of permitted journeys.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Great post, thanks for the update 👍
Peirre

Re: Portugal

Post by Peirre »

ErikGustav2 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 pm Portugal has a system that they decide 2 weeks at a time.
It has to do with constitution in some way. The president approve state of emergency 2 weeks at a time.
The formal decision comes a couple of days before the period starts

E.G today 26/2 was decision taken for 2-16/3.
Then around 12/3 it will be decided for next 2 weeks.
=
The government has announced, on 26 February, a new period of state of emergency, in force between 2 and 16 March, after the President of the Republic, in a statement to the country, advised against ending lockdown before Easter, for "prudence" and "security".
=

The rule regarding traffic on the road for now is basically: NO! Stay at home.
No circulation on the roads. With a list of exceptions like
- Going to work if you can't work remote (Certificate needed)
- Going to hospital
- Going to buy food
- Going to pharmacy
- Or.....

So just taking a tour with your bike on the road it not allowed (I have not seen anything about trails. But then you need to get there)
And the Police is checking.
Also the land border from Spain is checked.

So consider Portugal closed for next two weeks
And expect it to continue at least until beginning of April

So my bike has been parked for quite some time.
Expect for going to buy medicine and food.
And I do not except any changes 17/3, but that the rules will continue to end of March.
After that... who knows.

https://covid19estamoson.gov.pt/new-sta ... -measures/

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... arch/58546

General lockdown
There will be a general duty of home retreat.
It will not be allowed to circulate in public spaces and roads, with the exception of authorized travel on which the following stand out:
- acquisition of essential goods and services;
- access to public services;
- professional activities (if accompanied by a statement);
- health reasons;
- assistance to vulnerable people;
- school attendance;
- short walks for physical activity, individually or with members of the same household;
- pet walk;
- travelling necessary to enter or leave the mainland, including those necessary to travel to and from the plece of accommodation;
- homecoming within the framework of permitted situations;
- refuelling at petrol stations as part of permitted journeys.
I was watching the Portuguese Prime Minister on TV (RTP3) announce the extension of the state of emergency from the 15th February until the end of March, and as you state it’s expected that they will review it and keep extending it every two week. I doubt that they will allow any movement of people even at Easter. My Portuguese friends up in Lisboa anticipate that they will remain in lockdown until the end of May at least.
Looking at the publishing infection figures, Faro and the surrounding municipalities had a huge spike in infection figures over a short time, then as the vaccine was rolled out and the more draconian lockdown they came down, but in the past two weeks the numbers are rising again.
Reading the online newspaper “The Algarve Resident” yesterday they mentioned the spike in uk holiday bookings, but they’re no way near the the same level as precovid bookings. www.algarveresident.com
Last edited by Peirre on Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Yep that's what ive heard, one of our Portuguese neighbours has been trying to visit family, but borders closed, and until May. I believe French / Spanish border still closed anyways :(

Return to “TRAVEL”