For those who compete on two wheels in Europe

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
garyboy

Re: For those who compete on two wheels in Europe

Post by garyboy »

Snaf MKII wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:51 pm At least now it's only one carnet for most of the Europe, back in the day a trip to Romania with van/trailer/rally car took two and a half days with all the customs at each border. Even a trip to Belgium via France had a small forest felled for the paperwork.
I seem to recall that pre '92 you only had to do this if your were a business, private individuals could get away with using a temporary admission declaration which varied from as little as just turning up and saying you're bringing it all back again within a certain period to a full declaration. Somewhere in France there is a caravan, some picnic tables and two motorcycles that I promised to bring back in about 1986.

er ... where ... exactly :D 8-)
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

garyboy wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:13 pm
Snaf MKII wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:51 pm At least now it's only one carnet for most of the Europe, back in the day a trip to Romania with van/trailer/rally car took two and a half days with all the customs at each border. Even a trip to Belgium via France had a small forest felled for the paperwork.
I seem to recall that pre '92 you only had to do this if your were a business, private individuals could get away with using a temporary admission declaration which varied from as little as just turning up and saying you're bringing it all back again within a certain period to a full declaration. Somewhere in France there is a caravan, some picnic tables and two motorcycles that I promised to bring back in about 1986.
er ... where ... exactly :D 8-)
Haha I see what you're thinking, it was Antibes. I wonder if the bikes are still there, a couple of unloved (at the time) Hondas.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

i went to Antibes, many years ago ... i felt small and almost intimidated by the display of wealth and luxury .. the boats !!!! .. :o

.. especially just coming from the then poverty of the s wales valleys.

there was a Chinese guy `singing` and `playing the guitar` to Beatles songs ... not meaning to be disparaging, but he was awful ... especially with his Chinese pronunciation and out-of-key guitar ... but the outside diners just loved him .. he was making a small fortune :lol:

Return to “TRAVEL”