Tier 4 Riding?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Chalky723

Re: Tier 4 Riding?

Post by Chalky723 »

garyboy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:58 am 1 in 4 last i heard, but that may be in wales .. Hospitals are the most unhealthy places you can visit !! lol.

All these covid rules and tiers really piss me off .. i just don't agree with the overall strategy of locking places / businesses and not just the relevant people, (vulnerable and infected). .. but if you are stupid enough (like me) or unlucky enough (like me) to get pulled up .. then there are consequences (unnerving word that)

unless you are a wheelchair user, or similar, locally, it is going to be hard to justify to a young keen thrusting promotion seeking ossifer that our bike ride is justified, 50 miles from home, `to get to a place of exercise` ..
and there seems to be some doubt if biking is exercise, anyway .. will the guys that say it IS be willing to pay your fine? when you come before judge Jeffries?
So stay indoors then - it's your choice as you rightly say.

I find the whole business quite sad - people are literally scared to do anything now, in case "there are consequences", we're not living in a nice country at the moment......

D
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Copied this from another site which seems promising! but i find a gentle bimble on a nice dry sunny day is very good for the soul, and have recently only realised this as before this shit i would just go out but now actually appreciate it. I think i would even swallow the fine in the unlikely event of a 'T' pack on me lol...

From the White Dalton site

www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/20 ... bj_CKei-u8

There remains an exemption in a tier 4 areas for outdoor recreation, and a motorcycle is undoubtedly outdoor recreation1. Who you can ride with becomes a lot more restricted. You can ride with one person who is not in your household, but if you, for example, have your live in partner as a pillion, then you cannot ride with another individual2 . Notwithstanding that there is social distance, you will still be riding, in my opinion with another if you ride even in a loose group. I could certainly raise an argument that merely riding in the approximate presence of somebody that you know does not constitute a group, but were I prosecuting I could more convincingly argue that riding in a group bears its ordinary meaning and these emergency rules need to be interpreted so that they fulfil their purpose. Put bluntly, you would be unwise to ride in more than a pair. You might have an argument but expect little sympathy and bear in mind the Magistrates or on appeal Circuit and High Court Judges are not especially impressed by forum lawyering, or the unfairness or lack of science of it all. The law is lawfully made, and governs you in a tier 4 area.

Organise a ride of more than two people and you could be deemed an “event organiser” and you leave yourself open to a massive fine, so strictly two people unless you fancy a huge the spot fine3. I have to admit I have not buried deeply into this area of law as the legislation is spread out over swiftly drafted and disparate rules and regulations and experience has taught me not to read too deeply into the legislation because it will change again, probably in the New Year when Parliament debates it and changes are made. Don’t be the guy who organises a ride out on social media. The Police, after a sticky start for some forces (and let’s be honest, we all had a sticky start in the early days) have tried to police motorcycling fairly with advice and words of warning but a large group of motorcyclists gathering in a beauty spot is kind of asking to be made an example of.

Please, before anyone tells me that the government advice is that you should only travel a reasonable distance for leisure activity, I know that. That is advice, good advice, and advice which I will personally follow. But it is not law. I can, lawfully, so long as I am there and back within one day, go surfing in Cornwall. I won’t, because it would be selfish but not illegal.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

You can ride with one person who is not in your household, but if you, for example, have your live in partner as a pillion, then you cannot ride with another individual
This Nonsense is actually from a solicitor?...FFS
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It's 'nonsense' but a reflection of the law.

There's an older lady near us who likes walking and needs some company. we looked into the legalities of it. She can accompany Kate or myself on a walk around the lanes with the dogs, but not both of us.

The solicitor's advice appears to be correct. He's telling us what the law is, not trying to justify it.

The law on this is frankly inconsistent, but the British public voted for the idiots who have written it, so what does that make us...We were promised an 'oven-ready' Brexit deal too....well, that's going well, isn't it?
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Ferkin ell!!!!, so in that scenario you and your wife wouldnt get fined because you are meeting just 1 from outside your household, but the poor lady you were meeting would get the fine

sorry my brain hurts

...who makes up this cr@p? (rhetorical question)
Its a trick............get an Axe
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Boris!!!!

It's a serious worry as to whether he can tell his arse from his elbow...I reckon he's cracking up.
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Reminds me of Matt Lucas' vid back in March
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I am a school caretaker, we shut Friday at 3.15pm, some schools shut on Thursday.
At 3pm on Thursday our incompetent leaders announced that 1st week back only yr 11 kids, ALL kids will be tested twice a week at school, who's going to do that? Umhh volunteers, so they are all going to be DBS checked by the 4th of January over Christmas!!!
The twats in charge said it will happen, if it doesn't schools at fault!

Open schools kids don't spread it, now it's said they do! Principal last week said what I said months ago, schools are open for childcare not education!

PS ever tried to keep kids 2 metres apart?
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

I think they are just trying to confuse us all, so no blame can be levelled at anyone in particular in the future after the apocalypse!!!!! Im working on my Mad Max bike as we speak and heading for the hills!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Chalky723 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:14 am
garyboy wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:58 am
So stay indoors then - it's your choice as you rightly say.

I find the whole business quite sad - people are literally scared to do anything now, in case "there are consequences", we're not living in a nice country at the moment......

D
well .. I tooked your advice .. and stayed in !! ... well actually I had to check the bike over, as poor dab not been run for a couple months ... started first time, and stayed on all the way to tesco 8-)

Return to “TRAVEL”