The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Flipflop

Re: Booked something.......

Post by Flipflop »

Thanks for the info and invite. Norway is on our long list but you never know 👍
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

lancashirelad wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:27 pm And there was me thinking I was being brave booking a hotel for the Kinlochleven pre65 trial in May after trouble I had getting my money back this year :D :D
They’ve announced today that the pre65 trial & the Scottish Six Days is not going to happen next year, think I’ll wait & see if we’ll be allowed into Scotland in May if so we might go anyway?
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

IF the current vaccines can deal with all the new strains/mutations of the virus I think UK travel will be ok by Easter but not so sure abouts travels abroad unless you have received the vaccine yourself.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Unless the UK somehow has a magical increase in common sense amongst the general population and competence amongst those running it we wont even have the NHS workers and care home people vaccinated by Easter

Another year at least to reach the sort of stability to make planning worthwhile..IMO
Its a trick............get an Axe
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

There is not enough stock of vaccine.
Pfizer allocation will run out mid January and no more stock until March, in the meantime they're hoping the AstraZenica gets approved. My Wife will be working for the next 2 days helping to complete the first injections for the over 80's + some frontline workers, her own second injection is on 13th January.
However, who gets invited is down to individual Hubs. Not all areas signed up in time for vaccine allocation because the Government backed out of the organisation side of things at the last minute with very little help or support for the Health centres .......... a bit convenient seeing as there's not enough vaccine for everybody in the first wave.
AstraZenica approval is key.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

I think delivery is the key, you can have as much stock as you want but if you fuck up the logistics (gov has plenty of previous on this) then its worthless
Its a trick............get an Axe
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

So, an update to my starting of this thread.

Some of the naysayers said that our trip to Iceland at the end of June wouldn’t happen......well, they were right. About three weeks ago we accepted what was looking like the inevitable and cancelled the ferry from Denmark.
Some of the deposit was forfeited but hey, the booking gave us (false as it turned out) hope and we had a good few hours dreaming and planning so it wasn’t all in vain.

Anyone want to buy a map of Iceland??......only joking, maybe next year.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

That's a real shame. But it'll still be there next year, and maybe even bigger given the volcanic activity right now.
dave h

Post by dave h »

OnHellas wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:11 pm So, an update to my starting of this thread.

Some of the naysayers said that our trip to Iceland at the end of June wouldn’t happen......well, they were right. About three weeks ago we accepted what was looking like the inevitable and cancelled the ferry from Denmark.
Some of the deposit was forfeited but hey, the booking gave us (false as it turned out) hope and we had a good few hours dreaming and planning so it wasn’t all in vain.

Anyone want to buy a map of Iceland??......only joking, maybe next year.
That's a great attitude to have,

good luck for next year,

dave.

Return to “TRAVEL”