Spain back on lock down list...

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
frenchy3

Re: Spain back on lock down list...

Post by frenchy3 »

DavidS wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:40 am ok, here we go....devil’s advocate time. I’ll probably get flamed.

Why would anyone have booked to go anywhere outside the UK so soon. It seemed obvious there was going to be problems so sit it out and see how things pan out first.

Any govt has to react to the situation as quickly or as best it can.
Don’t know what it’s like now but testing anywhere still isn’t very accurate but isolation just keeps you out of the infection loop.

If people are travelling on original pre covid bookings, fair enough, you have my sympathy but everyone needs to think straight here. Covid hasn’t gone away!
You will not get any arguement from me. We have had one holiday to Greece cancelled in April and Ryanair still have our money for the flights. My wife had her trip to Prague cancelled and our next trip was to Portugal who were still not one of the countries you could travel to without producing a covid negative test and quarantining both on arrival and return for 14 days which was totally impractical for a four day trip. With Spain now in this situation we have decided to postpone any foreign travel until at least next year or the situation dramatically improves. Whilst i have every sympathy for those caught up in the latest developments and don,t want to be amongst those who say "I told you so" we certainly will be staying in the UK until further notice. I do however understand that many of these so called off limits countries as notified by the UK government are adhering more rigidly to the restrictions and are safer than the UK.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Its window dressing, nothing more

The briefing for English police forces set out by the NPCC says that even if officers find someone is repeatedly not at the address they have given, or they are not known there, officers will take no immediate action but refer the matter to the triage centre.

The guidance does lay out that officers can use “reasonable force” to return someone to their quarantine address, or issue a £1,000 fixed penalty notice, but stresses other options should be sought first.

An NPCC spokeswoman said: “Police have a limited role in quarantine regulations.” If there was a need for enforcement, she added, police would “seek to establish the circumstances and we will continue our approach of engaging, explaining, encouraging and, only as last resort, enforcing”.
Its a trick............get an Axe
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Agree last 14 day isolation no one came to check on me.... Good job as I was away working.... Its just pure political exercise in scaremongering.....

But hey folks will cancel hols or not book and it will all change tomorrow morning...

A more robust testing scheme would be far more beneficial... Imho.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Was talking to someone who works in infection control and he reckons 'normal' will be 2022 at the earliest, and that's dependent upon the rapid approval of an effective vaccine with large take-up among the general population.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

I’m hoping to travel to Barcelona this week to collect a late model 1200gsa that was advertised on eBay @ £3500, low mileage with luggage.
He wants me to pay the money to the courier that will then deliver the bike to the UK.
But I’ve suggested he pays for my flight which would save him money, then I’ll ride back through France.
He had quite a few items on eBay, seems he must have sold all the others as the ads have gone now.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
soho

Post by soho »

Dave , if you're not happy with the deal send me some money and I'll get it sorted for you. Fifty quid now and the rest whenever. :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Alan, Pat - or anyone else who lives in or knows about the situation in Catalunya:

What's the current state of play? Can we stay in a campsite in Catalunya right now? Are trails in the mountains open? Are bars and restaurants open? If so, are there any particular restrictions in place?

Any real-life info much appreciated, Dave.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

The situation here (Spain) is changing almost daily. Yesterday, I was told that the residents of Barcelona and Valls have been 'suggested to remain at home'.
This morning I read that Zaragoza is now the covid epicentre of Europe.
In the village where I am currently dog-sitting for a friend, despite being back to phase 2 due to a surge in confirmed infections amongst migrant workers, life carries on. But each town, and possibly each region, has its own rules. For example, some shops have restrictions on the number of people who can be in the shop at any one time. A few km down the road, they don't have any such restrictions. Bars and restaurants are open, some have reduced capacity, some can only open their terraces, it really depends on that particular town. One thing is certain though, throughout Spain, you must wear a mask at all times unless currently eating or drinking. For example, if you stop to get fuel, if you remove your helmet, you must put on your mask. After eating in a restaurant, you must put your mask on to go and pay the bill or use the toilet.
But by the time you read this, it could be old news and new rules could be in place. Its very fluid, and if you're coming here, you must be also. Expect your trip to be disrupted and at times frustrating. Expect your route to change without much notice. Expect some people to side-step you as if you have leprosy. Its a strange world out there.
On Monday, i am setting off from Spain as a courier, transporting 2 motorbikes back to the UK for the owners who feel they can't fly out and enjoy them, so they may as well be back in the UK. The trip coincides with my brothers wedding in the UK. Unfortunately, we can't attend the wedding due to covid restrictions in the UK. However, as a courier, I can deliver items to the same people I can't attend the wedding with. I can 'self-isolate' at my brothers house, but can't attend his wedding. I can meet everyone attending the wedding at a local pub, but I can't attend the reception at the hotel. To say the rules are insane is an understatement. So we arrive in the UK on the 12th, we will do the deliveries and collections and get the hell out of the UK as soon as possible and spend a few days in France before returning to Spain to deliver the goods.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks very much Alan. Really useful to get some first-hand info.

It actually sounds fairly like the situation here in France, if perhaps a little more severe. We are required to mask up in all shops, buildings, markets (outdoors and indoors) and lots of other places.

A group of us (including you?) is still hoping to meet in Sort for a week on the trails (20th September to 26th), so if you can keep us informed that would be great. We might have to do it on the French side of the Pyrennees instead, but would prefer Catalunya if it's possible.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Just to confirm, its compulsory to wear a mask in Spain at all times when you are outside your home unless you are using a vehicle and the other occupants are people you usually live with.

I have the 20th in my diary, not sure if I'll be able to stay the whole week, but I (or we) will certainly come up and spend a day or two with you all.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7

Return to “TRAVEL”