Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Paul_C

Re: Ferry bookings .... Refunds ??

Post by Paul_C »

Did you book a return trip? If so it's probably just the outbound sailing. The rest will come later. That's what happened with mine.
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, a return trip booked. Hopefully that will be the case for me.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Surely if you book a trip (that is out and back) as one transaction, then if the outward journey is cancelled then the whole trip is cancelled as they are not fulfilling their side of the contract?

Playing games....
Monster

Post by Monster »

My outbound was cancelled first - I was worried that the return might go ahead. They may have been crazy to argue

The return was cancelled over 3 weeks later but I had already asked for a refund for the whole trip

I asked again for a refund when the return was cancelled. It didn't take long after that for a reply and the good news

Best of luck to all of you and your attempts
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

BF have moved the cancellation goalpost up another 2 weeks, and now bookings up to the 15th of June are being cancelled.
Personally I think this will be repeated in fortnightly intervals possibly to include dates up to the end of July before any resumption of service
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

if you return then the Gov have now said 14 days quarantine is required!!
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Peirre wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:24 pm BF have moved the cancellation goalpost up another 2 weeks, and now bookings up to the 15th of June are being cancelled.
Personally I think this will be repeated in fortnightly intervals possibly to include dates up to the end of July before any resumption of service
I'll see your end of July and raise you Spring next year. "Essential business travel" will be ok sooner, it sort of happening now, but holidays, no. Not with a 14 day quarantine at every border except Ireland (I see France was changed yesterday to 14 days)
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Slowboy wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:39 am I'll see your end of July and raise you Spring next year. "Essential business travel" will be ok sooner, it sort of happening now,
Initially I recon the only travelling public allowed to travel will be the expats stuck away from their main home, then Brits with 2nd homes who go for extended periods and can incorporate the 14 days in with their stay. The days of stag & hen weekends are a long long way off
Slowboy wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:39 am
holidays, no. Not with a 14 day quarantine at every border except Ireland (I see France was changed yesterday to 14 days)
I happen to be watching the Irish RTE TV news last night and the Irish Taoiseach Leo Varadkar was doing a press conference announcing that they at going to implement the same measures at the borders as the uk
smudger272

Post by smudger272 »

Just a note to say I'm getting a full refund on my card hooray

Fook the Facebook page for kicking me off coz of some demented bitch up yours 😎😎😎😎😎 if your reading this

I am sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. Recent events have impacted our usual service levels significantly and I am sorry if this created further frustration for you.
>
>
> I am writing to confirm the Refund Credit Notes, numbers 000 and 000 issued in respect of this booking have been reversed and a refund by method of payment issued accordingly. In most cases this should show on your card ending 000 within 5 working days but this may take longer depending on your card issuer.
>
>
> I am sorry your sailing was cancelled and I hope that in the future, in calmer times, we may be able to welcome you back on board for another holiday or sailing with Brittany Ferries.
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Thats good news, they would have relented sometime soon otherwise it could be classed as theft, did you fill in the on line form part and multiple emails?

Return to “TRAVEL”