Travel this year

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
garyboy

Re: Travel this year

Post by garyboy »

dazcoates wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:28 pm Thank you for clarifying that for me.i have told the missus to go buy some chickens ( preferably dead) so she can get cracking with soup production. BIRD flu, shit , I didnt think about that. Ffs is there no end to these pesky viruses?.
mmmmmm .. you got me thinking there … and its painful too ..
I have assumed that everyone has got it wrong and viruses actually are transmitted through the air to the respiratory system .. a revolutionary idea, I know ..
but
perhaps they are FOOD borne !! :shock: :?

you know .. picture a greasy spluttering forriner farting on your pre prepared sandwiches and dribbling (or something) into your jar of mayonnaise. Not a pretty picture, but these facts have to be faced, in the interests of global health.

so
I have gone through the doomsday list and pointed out some things to avoid or be aware of ..

BEEF .. .. don't feed burgers to your children .. but let your mad cow of a wife eat it (not the lady bikes here of course or bikers wives)
FISH .. .. a certain doomsday scenario if a paternoster fishing tackle hook thin been used (well its got `noster` in it)
KY jelly ... all tubs contain the Y2K millenium bug, but put in arse backwards, for concealment.
STARFISH .. .. when their arms align, prepare for a celestial holocaust.
CHICKEN .. .. already identified by Daz, as the harbinger of the dreaded Birdflu.
GOAT MEAT ... the 666 signifies the devil .. o .. that's gone now .. so ok until it appears mysteriously on the calendar again.
OLD CALENDAR NUDE MAYAN LADIES CALENDAS .. .. say no more !!
ELBOWS ON ALL CREATURES ... hope they contain the elbows outbreak in Africa ..

just a bit of silly time-passing nonsense .. no offence meant to anyone, especiall so to the victims of some of these dreadful things.
HoboBeemer

Post by HoboBeemer »

I personally have a few trips planned this summer, one was to the Picos region of Spain and the Other Ukraine with a loop back via Eastern Europe.

The only thing I am concerned about is if travel insurance becomes voided, basically a guy I work with has started to do a fair few cruises each year, he is due to fly out to the Caribbean end of the week for a 2 week cruise and his travel insurance has contacted him basically saying if the Government give instruction for travellers against going to a region and it is ignored chances are that the travel insurance would be voided.

Whilst this to me seems very unlikely if poo was to hit the fan and the scare mongering gets to a level that the Government deem it necessary to be seen doing something I certainly do not see it being out of the realm of possibility that they give advice against all travel to popular destinations. Make of that what you will however. I have a yearly policy myself and will fire off a email in due course but it may be something to take into account when planning one's jolly. As I get older having a comfort blanket of medivac and nurses to tend to my wounded body and machine repatriation is something I would not do without.
dazcoates

Post by dazcoates »

Our plans are still in place for end of may , we won't loose anything on booking.com stops already booked but may loose 50% on our 2 airbandb stops.
However I've been on air site and it looks like they are encouraging property owners to allow some degree of flexibility in terms rescheduleing stops.
So we might end up doing the same trip later in the year.
Decision to be made 2 weeks before departure.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

Keep calm, wash your hands and carry on, seems to be the goverment policy.
Have stopped buying coffee when out, the foamer (metal tube) that they wipe with their cloth, looks like a real spreader.
Its begining to look like scenario 1 is enivitable.
Its going to be a hard long ride, maybe six months and some of us may not make it to the end.
Was starting to think that maybe we should close ranks, pool resources and maybe arrange a meet up.
Anyone in the central belt of scotland interested?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I have cancelled all biking until further notice
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:59 am I have cancelled all biking until further notice
Why? What is that going to achieve for you? Are you going to stop all other activities that need you to leave home?

I would have thought you were less likely to catch anything in the Dales or on the North York's Moors than you are in the supermarkets?
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:59 am I have cancelled all biking until further notice
Don't understand how that will help. You could at least go out on yer bike alone for a few hours in the countryside, and there is zero chance you will have exposed yourself to any virus.

I'm pretty sure us lot of dirt-scrotes here will be meeting as normal. I suppose we might have to knock the group sex on the head though. Oh well, it was just something to do in the breaks between riding, and I never really fancied Phil and Steve all that much anyway....
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Easy tiger :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: now you promise you won't tell anyone else :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:10 pm
Don't understand how that will help. You could at least go out on yer bike alone for a few hours in the countryside, and there is zero chance you will have exposed yourself to any virus.

I'm pretty sure us lot of dirt-scrotes here will be meeting as normal. I suppose we might have to knock the group sex on the head though. Oh well, it was just something to do in the breaks between riding, and I never really fancied Phil and Steve all that much anyway....
I wondered what all those man hugs were about 😉

Return to “TRAVEL”