Norway

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
qcnr

Norway

Post by qcnr »

Just watched this, which I really enjoyed. I live near Lysebotn and this is the first time I have
seen it to be made out as spectacular as it is. So if anyone here is near Stavanger, give me a
shout and I can help out with route planning and general advice about Norway. Only got a flat
so unfortunately no spare room. But have a patch of grass, or there is a hotel 150m down the road :D

qcnr

Re: Norway

Post by qcnr »

Just thought I would update my status. If anyone is planning a trip to Norway, then just get in touch.
I live near Stavanger next to the sea. Have a spare room, garage and garden for the die hard campers.
Could even put the kettle on :D
gbags

Post by gbags »

Great vid, thanks.
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

....and a kind offer

Thanks
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

a very generous offer Sir thank you, a place I would like to visit but probably just out of reach.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

In my 45 years of bike adventures, my 2016 trip up to the NordKapp was by far the best. I just love Norway. Hoping to return one day before I have to hang up my leathers. It really is a must do biking adventure.
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

You can also now get a ferry from Eemshaven to Kristiansand. Saving a massive boring slog up to the tip of Denmark
for a ferry to Norway.
https://hollandnorwaylines.com/no/
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

great offer ...such a shame the newcastle /bergan ferry stopped some years ago ...i went three times it was a pretty easy place to access then ..what surprises me still is the lack of easy acceess via boat ....maby one day ill get there again .unbelivably beutiful place the moving water is spectacular

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

To the OP, yes Norway is stunning place for sure and the people are great but I've been here about a week with work and I am gobsmacked totally about the price of everything. Its so so SO expensive to the point of unbelievable, simple grocery goods are between 3 and 4 times the price of items in the UK...!!! I've walked out of several stores in disgust and disbelief... having moaned on like a true Brit does, I would still love to do the Nordkapp run some day on a forced low budget style..

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Knowing just how expensive things were in Norway, I camped the whole trip and filled one of my panniers with 10 days of food and drink supplies. I think I only actually bought a very expensive roll and an apple. It can be done on a budget. Low speed limits there, so good mpg.
PS. Good way to lose weight. No alcohol or snacks for a fortnight. I lost 10lbs.

Return to “TRAVEL”