Norway

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Magnusson

Re: Norway

Post by Magnusson »

For me it's part of the travel experience to eat dinner in local restaurants. No way I'll eat 5 day old food without a fridge, or eat army rations. Like fuel it's calculated into the price of the trip. I also look at it as leaving a thank you to the locals, for maintaining the roads I ride on, and the hospitals I might need while travelling.

You can get inexpensive lunch almost anywhere in Norway at the nearest IKEA. :D
Champagne taste on beer budget.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

One thing that always amazes me when people talk about going to Norway is the “but it’s £X for a pint of beer!”

Here’s an idea, don’t drink the beer. Simple, to me anyway. Beer isn’t essential to a trip.
My experience of Scandinavian trips has that it is a stunning area to travel through, more expensive than other parts of the world yes, but some of the scenery is worth the extra….and the effort of getting there.
ErikGustav2

Post by ErikGustav2 »

OnHellas wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:27 pm One thing that always amazes me when people talk about going to Norway is the “but it’s £X for a pint of beer!”

Here’s an idea, don’t drink the beer. Simple, to me anyway. Beer isn’t essential to a trip.
My experience of Scandinavian trips has that it is a stunning area to travel through, more expensive than other parts of the world yes, but some of the scenery is worth the extra….and the effort of getting there.
Do not talk about Scandinavia when talking about how expensive it is
There is a huge diffference between Sweden and Norway.

Norway is extreme
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

ErikGustav2 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:56 pm
OnHellas wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:27 pm One thing that always amazes me when people talk about going to Norway is the “but it’s £X for a pint of beer!”

Norway is extreme
I believe the Scandinavian order is: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Iceland in terms of prices. So Norway is in the middle. :D
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Maybe not directly translateable, to motorbike travel, but how expensive is Scandinavia really?
ErikGustav2

Post by ErikGustav2 »

Magnusson wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:13 am
ErikGustav2 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:56 pm

Norway is extreme
I believe the Scandinavian order is: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Iceland in terms of prices. So Norway is in the middle. :D
When did you go to Norway last time ?
Last measurements showed that vacation in Norway cost 1,26 times what it was in Sweden.
SInce that SEK has lost 10% value towards Euro

=> Cost in Norway is around 1,4 times of Swedish cost.
Magnusson

Post by Magnusson »

Exactly. Sweden, then Norway, and then Iceland at the top.

Return to “TRAVEL”