N85 Route Napoleon

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
V2orV4

Re: N85 Route Napoleon

Post by V2orV4 »

Kirky1298 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:43 pm Cheers lads,
I'm off on my travels on Wednesday . Overnight in Ieper then shoot for Grenoble for an overnight. Up early and do the Alpe D'Huez before hitting the N85 down to Castellane for a few days. Going rafting and canyoning before heading over to Millau and Gorge du Tarn ( any advice on Tarn roads ? ) before heading up to Ordour Sur Glane then over to the submarine pens at St Nazairre. Finish off with a jaunt over the Normandy landing beaches finishing up in Albert for steak and Ruby Leffe before the long slog home to Scotland. Canny wait !!!! :mrgreen:
Good call on Ieper and Oradour Kirky.
Oradour is incredible and very moving. If you can, have a beer or 2 in The Times pub at Ieper (just round corner off main square) and ask to see the beer menu leaflet that tells the story of the pub owner’s grandfather.
Have a great trip,

Steve
Kirky1298

Re: N85 Route Napoleon

Post by Kirky1298 »

V2orV4 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:28 am
Kirky1298 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:43 pm Cheers lads,
I'm off on my travels on Wednesday . Overnight in Ieper then shoot for Grenoble for an overnight. Up early and do the Alpe D'Huez before hitting the N85 down to Castellane for a few days. Going rafting and canyoning before heading over to Millau and Gorge du Tarn ( any advice on Tarn roads ? ) before heading up to Ordour Sur Glane then over to the submarine pens at St Nazairre. Finish off with a jaunt over the Normandy landing beaches finishing up in Albert for steak and Ruby Leffe before the long slog home to Scotland. Canny wait !!!! :mrgreen:
Good call on Ieper and Oradour Kirky.
Oradour is incredible and very moving. If you can, have a beer or 2 in The Times pub at Ieper (just round corner off main square) and ask to see the beer menu leaflet that tells the story of the pub owner’s grandfather.
Have a great trip,
Steve
It'll be the Stad T Kline steakhouse in Grote Market square first bro, then a wee stroll round the pubs. We're leaving right off the nightshift on wed morning and hammering down, so, should make it in time for the last post ceremony. Can't get too mad with it though as we've got a big mile day on Thursday to get down to Grenoble avoiding toll roads.

Return to “TRAVEL”