Bulgaria

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tonibe63
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by Tonibe63 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:59 pm

strimstrum wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:04 pm
Hi Tony,
The Motocamp in Bulgaria can store your bike, I think they charge 10 euros per month.

Travelling down in August can be hot - around 30 to 35 degrees - plus the odd thunderstorm which normally kick off in the afternoon. Having said that plenty of time to stop and rehydrate and I always book hotels where there is wifi and air conditioning so it is only hot and sticky whilst riding which I reckon is much better than being freezing cold. Late September and October is normally OK in Bulgaria and same goes for Albania and Greece but best to avoid mountainous areas as these could be several degrees lower. Me and Mark went from Bulgaria through Serbia, Montenegro, Albania and Greece in July this year so we can give you some pointers if you wish.

Temperature today is around 32 degrees in Bulgaria with no rain forecast for a few days

Finally 25 days is ample to get to grips with Eastern Europe with rest days.

Martin
Thanks for that Martin 8-)
Lot's of useful information there which could change my preconceptions about doing it in 2 halves and make the trip less rushed.
Food for thought, thanks again.

Cheers, Tony
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Pre-order your limited edition ABR T-shirts
Elle
Posts: 2654
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: Bulgaria

Post by Elle » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:22 am

When I reach retirement I may join you all in Bulgaria as I doubt I can afford to live in NZ on a state pension.
I follow the fab adventures of L&P on FB. Please give my love & hugs to friends afar
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

User avatar
Mikekitts81
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:13 am
Location: North west
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by Mikekitts81 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:07 am

I've seen a few of minkyheads videos and videos from Bulgaria bike shipping and I would luv to go I have looked into Bulgaria and there is a guy that as covered over 30,000 km in lanes off road in the country at www.KARTA.bg it seems to be full off everything for an adventure ... one day I will make such a trip but unfortunately with the wife and children I would have to wait for a few years till they grow up a bit or atleast wait till she goes on holiday with her mum and I have a week alone :)
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .

nethen1
Posts: 1202
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Preston / Samokov
Has thanked: 188 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by nethen1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 am

Hi, This does look ace !!

Bulgaria is a fantastic place to be, ride, on or off road.

If a few of you guys want to band together, i can look at a special ABR discounted shipment for a group.

:)
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)

SteveW
Posts: 3916
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by SteveW » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:51 am

I'm at my place in Bulgaria right now. Pobit Kamak, about 15km north of Razgrad, in the North East.
I'm Starting my journey back to Lancashire tomorrow morning.....Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, etc....
Here's a picture of my ccm packed up, parked outside our place, ready for an early start tomorrow.
The CCMGP450S with the power upgrades, luggage and sat nav cost me £4000 more than the house!
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG (303.64 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

beddowsm
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by beddowsm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Mikekitts81 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:07 am
I've seen a few of minkyheads videos and videos from Bulgaria bike shipping and I would luv to go I have looked into Bulgaria and there is a guy that as covered over 30,000 km in lanes off road in the country at www.KARTA.bg it seems to be full off everything for an adventure ... one day I will make such a trip but unfortunately with the wife and children I would have to wait for a few years till they grow up a bit or atleast wait till she goes on holiday with her mum and I have a week alone :)

The Karta Bulgaria maps are fantastic. I used them on my Garmin earlier this year whilst in Bulgaria. Cant recommend them enough. 25 euro for a years license and access to 30,000 km different tracks.

beddowsm
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by beddowsm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:40 pm

nethen1 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:27 am
Hi, This does look ace !!

Bulgaria is a fantastic place to be, ride, on or off road.

If a few of you guys want to band together, i can look at a special ABR discounted shipment for a group.

:)
That's a great offer. Nethan has shipped my Husky TE449 there twice now. And Ill be going again next year. Best place for riding trails Ive been

beddowsm
Posts: 3440
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:01 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by beddowsm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:41 pm

SteveW wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:51 am
I'm at my place in Bulgaria right now. Pobit Kamak, about 15km north of Razgrad, in the North East.
I'm Starting my journey back to Lancashire tomorrow morning.....Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, etc....
Here's a picture of my ccm packed up, parked outside our place, ready for an early start tomorrow.
The CCMGP450S with the power upgrades, luggage and sat nav cost me £4000 more than the house!
IMG_1425.JPG
Ace Steve, Ill be in contact when you get back. Could do with some advice on buying a pad out there. Me and the wife seriously considering it.

Tonibe63
Posts: 2462
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm
Has thanked: 615 times
Been thanked: 377 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by Tonibe63 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:44 pm

SteveW wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:51 am
I'm at my place in Bulgaria right now.
The CCMGP450S with the power upgrades, luggage and sat nav cost me £4000 more than the house!
Is that a typing error? :geek:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

SteveW
Posts: 3916
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 261 times

Re: Bulgaria

Post by SteveW » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:11 pm

Mike, I have a good contact for you regarding buying a house.
Bulgaria guy, I've known him for over 10 years, he's a close friend. He can look after your interests and make sure the deal is legitimate.

Post Reply

Return to “TRAVEL”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 176 guests