help needed Georgia

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
capthook

help needed Georgia

Post by capthook »

I'm going to Georgia (not USA) does anyone no where I could could get motorcycle insurance,I have got insurance and green card for all the other countries we are visting but they do not cover Georgia. Thanks
captinktm

Re: help needed Georgia

Post by captinktm »

Hi. I am passing through Georgia as well, probably the end of June. I intend to get insurance at the boarder. Do you have insurance for Turkey? If you are a Brit I doubt it. I have been several times and the green card means nothing to them. You have to buy insurance at the boarder and it aint cheap. When will you be in Georgia?
Chris
mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

I was in Georgia for ten days last June and we ended up riding without insurance. We went to the border at Turkey and also went into an insurance office in Batumi, but they both told us that it was not possible so we just took the chance and rode without.
There is an insurance box/office within the Turkey/Georgia border but we couldn't get to it as we came in on the ferry from Odessa (and I only discovered it on the way out). You may be able to get insurance there as that is where I bought my insurance for Turkey when I came out of Georgia.
Louisdut

Post by Louisdut »

Can't seem to post full post
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

I bought my Green Card for Turkey from www.tourinsure.de but they tell me that they are unable to issue insurance for Georgia.
This year I'm using them again for my Green Card for Russia ( I'm off to the HU meet)and adding Turkey (in case I come home that way)
Getting the Green Card is simply by filling in the English online form and it is emailed to you in a few days. They can't issue a Green Card for Georgia though unfortunately.
I'll be down there in July after going to Stalingrad, re-entering the EU via Georgia and Turkey.
It worked well last summer, very much hassle-free entering/ exiting Turkey, all you need are your original V5 and the Green Card.
capthook

Post by capthook »

THERE ARE 5 OF US GOING SEPT 2018
capthook

Post by capthook »

going to georgia sept 2018 have insurance sorted for the other 19 countries.

Return to “TRAVEL”