Morocco- General Advice Wanted!

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Frog

Re: Morocco- General Advice Wanted!

Post by Frog »

Prepare yourself for the culture shock and head south as soon as possible.

Personally did'nt find the north anything like as welcoming as the south.

As others have said dont bother with the camping gear, lots of Auberges, possibly a bivvy bag just in case you get caught out and a small burner for a decent brew.

Insurance at the port for what its worth.

Fuel everywhere, and just leave room for a couple of extra plastic bottles of water in your luggage space.

Stock up on the Imodiums/hydration salts etc..just in case like. And a basic first aid kit as every other person you meet on the road has some minor ailment they want you to look at for them.
Tonibe63

Re: Morocco- General Advice Wanted!

Post by Tonibe63 »

My advice won't be popular on a 'hairy arsed biker forum' but .......... :P
I rode my bike down there in 2009 with a couple of mates then did a cheap flight to Marrakech and rented a car with my Wife in 2012 ...... both totally different trips .... one was inexpensive the other was feckin expensive.
Don't discount fly/drive ..... you will get far more exposure to the culture as you pick up hitchhikers along the road and then get invited to meet their Family. It is infinitely much cheaper than taking your own bike and in reality a rental Hyundai I10 will go off-road better than an overloaded bike with 2 people on it ..... trust me I've done both.
If you're dead set on riding a bike then rent a bike from Loc2rues or similar in Marrakech but bear in mind your luggage/water/feul carrying restrictions.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “TRAVEL”