Bike transport for Morocco and Southern Spain trips

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Sgt Bilco

Bike transport for Morocco and Southern Spain trips

Post by Sgt Bilco »

Myself and Skygod (Gary) been looking at the best way to get some bikes down to Morocco in the spring as riding all the way can be a real chore especially on a dirt bike. It also takes up too much good riding time.

So, I've been chatting to one of my truck customers who runs trucks to and from Gibralter on a weekly basis. He will supply me with a dedicated truck and trailer to transport the bikes to and from Gibralter at times to suit us. They will be fully insured for the transport and it will be a UK based and registered truck with a British driver. It might even be me at the wheel so they will be in good hands.

They will be delivered to a warehouse in La Linea del la Conception on the Spanish / Gibralter border and reloaded from the same place and transit it time 4 days each way.

It looks like we will have space in the trailer for a few bikes and the cost per bike will be £650.00 all in. For this, you just turn up in Pershore, Worcs with your bike and all your gear and I will personally load the trailer using basically the same method as I use in my USA bound containers and it's a system that works well. I will also be in charge of unloading and reloading in Spain. You then get a cheap flight to Gibralter or Malaga and collect your bike then drop it at the warehouse at your convenience for the return

For this year, the trailer will be unloaded in La Linea on Wednesday 19th April 2017 so the bikes will be available any time after that. I will reload it on Monday 8th May which will give you a good 2 weeks in Morocco and Southern Spain.

If anyone wants to book a space on the trailer send me a PM
jakeyt

Re: Bike transport for Morocco and Southern Spain trips

Post by jakeyt »

Looks good
Sgt Bilco

Post by Sgt Bilco »

The bikes will be securely strapped onto pallets and you will be able to load all your personal and bike kit with the bike.
Bikesonpallet.jpg
Bikesonpallet.jpg (58.55 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Bikesonpallet1.jpg
Bikesonpallet1.jpg (50.46 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
nethen1

Post by nethen1 »

Could transport be arranged return from Gib only, on a different date... do you think? I was thinking of maybe doing the Gibraltar Rally....
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
cadoganpier

Post by cadoganpier »

Speak to focused Events. They have trucks going down to Almeria all the time. They took my bike there and back last year, £250 cash all in.

Return to “TRAVEL”