Tour buddy(ies) wanted - SORTED

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Africa John

Tour buddy(ies) wanted - SORTED

Post by Africa John »

I have received enough replies so I don't need anyone else now thanks. Thought I'd add this rather than delete the post

I have a trip this year in May from Wednesday 11th through the 18th. Due to my friends having other commitments I am on my own which is fine by me but I thought I might see if one or two others may want to dip their toes into western Europe with somebody else (me!) having sorted the route and stopovers.

So the route:
Weds 11th: Rotterdam to Waterloo to the Mohne Dam 321 miles - taking in the battlefield and then the Dambuster Raid target which is breathtaking. Staying at a campsite overlooking the Mohnesee
Thurs 12th: Mohne to Belsen to Magedeburg 269 miles - visiting Bergen-Belsen (concentration camp museum and memorial) and staying at a campsite overlooking a lake
Fri 13th: Magdeburg to Grodziec 310 miles - leaving Germany to attend the Izi meeting at Grodziec Castle in Poland (Izi meeting)
Sat 14th: at the Izi meeting staying at the castle
Sun 15th: leave Izi and go to Auschwitz 198 miles - staying nearby
Mon 16th: Auschwitz to Czechoslovakia 255 miles - visit Kutna Hora and the Church of Bones (Sedlec Ossuary). Staying at a nearby campsite
Tues 17th: back into Germany 356 miles - via Prague and Berlin (maybe not the city centres!) back to the campsite at Magdeburg
Weds 18th: back to the Rotterdam ferry 365 miles

I have booked a ferry from Harwich which is why I have shown the route from and back to Rotterdam. Going to Izi needs a ticket buying for about 50 euros (go on sale at the end of the month). The campsites are about 10 euros a night.

If you're interested drop me a PM. I don't want to be responsible for a group so am really looking for one or two companions. If it's your first time then I can help you prepare (what we need for each country) and you'll get to see some fantastic scenery. I know the sites are military based but that's my bag and I'm ticking a few off my bucket list!! If you don't want to visit Belsen and Auschwitz I will totally understand and you can kick back at the campsite and have a few beers.

Ride safe everyone (thumbs)

John
Ainzy

Re: Tour buddy(ies) wanted

Post by Ainzy »

Sounds a good trip mate hope someone takes you up on it! (thumbs)
R1100Gs & MZ Etz 251 Watsonian-squire Combination
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Ainzy wrote:Sounds a good trip mate hope someone takes you up on it! (thumbs)
Cheers Ainzy

Just thought I'd put it out there as folks sometime just want someone else to show them the way to get them to break their touring cherry
:laugh:
heavy

Post by heavy »

hi john have sent you a pm
Attachments
IMAG0180_2016-01-07.jpg
IMAG0180_2016-01-07.jpg (45.82 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

You got me thinking now John, I got to find someone to take my TT ferry + camping space & I could be well up for this.
Adventure before Dementia
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

I've just checked my diary and I'm working 16-18 May or I would have come with you, it looks a great trip.
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Hi John,

Sounds a cracking trip. If I was still in the UK I would have considered it and brought along a second AT.

A couple more recommendations, I think there is a silver mine in Korta Hora and there is an old salt mine in Krakow which isn't too far away from Auschwitz (20km) which is well worth a visit. Massive chapel in the mine. Very impressive.

All the best.

Nick
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Nicko wrote:Sounds a cracking trip. If I was still in the UK I would have considered it and brought along a second AT
Thought you'd been quiet mate. Are you back in Oz or NZ? Will miss you. If you're ever back here get in touch.

All the best

Return to “TRAVEL”