Something else to watch out for when biking in France.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Dark Knight

Something else to watch out for when biking in France.

Post by Dark Knight »

Never realised that this was possible, only in France.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35210572
bowber

Re: Something else to watch out for when biking in France.

Post by bowber »

Yep, and 14 year old can use them as well. Annoys me that to use a moped in this country takes lot of work and Money yet in other euro countries kids can ride them a glorified push bikes.
V_King

Post by V_King »

there are lots of countries in EU which allow certain class vehicles "basically cars made out of paper" to be driven for teenagers. hence companies like AXIAM exist.

nothing new B)

imho dacia dusters in france are more dangerous. as the vehicle user (by no means a driver) feels like a road king! :D
""
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Sans Permis cars are an everyday part of life here. You can hear their funny little twin-cylinder engines in the distance and it takes them forever to pass the house! Generally driven by older folk or those who have been banned for drink driving etc.

They're pretty dangerous on our local N-road because they look like another car up ahead but they're travelling about 60kmh slower than the rest of the traffic, so if you can't overtake straight away you end up stuck up their arse with lorries braking hard behind you. And beware of them after 2pm - the pilots have often had a few over lunch.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

The school kids here call them "Yoghurt pots"....and that's not the driver !!!! bit funny really cos everyone know's the driver's a piss head....Only in france heh..
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Same here in Spain, f***ing lethal - but I'll have my name down for one when I'm too old and infirm to pass the medical test for my driving licence :whistle:

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “TRAVEL”