Forth Bridge

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Africa John

Re: Forth Bridge

Post by Africa John »

IainD wrote: What we need to do is get hold of the Humber Bridge and move it North. It goes from nowhere to Nowhere, so may be better used :whistle:
Piss off it's ours! Bikes are free n cars are £1.50

Still gives me goose bumps every time I cross. Specially when I'm going north and see the ferry in dock as it might be one of my trips to Europe about to start!
.fraser.

Post by .fraser. »

It's a pain in the backside for me as i stay in Falkirk and work in Kirkcaldy. We finish up for two weeks at christmas and I hope something sorted out for the new year.

Should have built a six lane tunnel under the Forth :P
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

moto al wrote:
mark1150 wrote:
moto al wrote:This problem ,is going too have a very serious ,adverse problem too the Scottish economy . so please don't make smart ARSE comments . . Cheers Al. :evil:
Is this the same Scottish economy that the "Scottish independence mob" wanted all for themselves, and now want sympathy from the very people they wanted independence from?
I find your comment racist, to the Scottish nation .And in the season of good will to all men.Ho Ho Ho .Al
If you could find anything genuinely racist in my comment, grow a pair and complain to the mods.
As for the comment I stand by it.
BTW, who are you to feel indignant on the part of whole Nation?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
IainD

Post by IainD »

Crossrutted, We would chop a bit off each end; that would do the trick. (thumbs)

AndyB, We would leave the Tolls (and fancy new Toll Booths) behind for the new ferry. (thumbs)

Africa John, don't be like that, most folk on here wanted Scotland to stay in the UK, so share out the bridges to show you care. (thumbs)

OK, so the Humber Bridge was probably the most stupid project in history as the A15 was never going to be upgraded, and the M180 and M62 West go to pretty much the same place, but I like it. I grew up watching it get built as each year we would travel down by train (goes underneath) to stay at my grannies not far from Hull. It took a long time to build, but is still a sight to behold. I walked across it the day it opened in 1980/81 (can't remember).
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

mark1150 wrote:
moto al wrote:
mark1150 wrote:
moto al wrote:This problem ,is going too have a very serious ,adverse problem too the Scottish economy . so please don't make smart ARSE comments . . Cheers Al. :evil:
Is this the same Scottish economy that the "Scottish independence mob" wanted all for themselves, and now want sympathy from the very people they wanted independence from?
I find your comment racist, to the Scottish nation .And in the season of good will to all men.Ho Ho Ho .Al
If you could find anything genuinely racist in my comment, grow a pair and complain to the mods.
As for the comment I stand by it.
BTW, who are you to feel indignant on the part of whole Nation?

That's just the way of the SNP and their supporters,always thinking they speak for the nation when less than half of the population voted for them. :whistle:
And I'm Scottish born and bred! (thumbs)
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

IainD wrote: but I like it. I grew up watching it get built
I remember a trip from junior school to see the massive caissons being floated out and sunk
africajim

Post by africajim »

As an SNP member I find your comment offensive and small minded. What exactly has the structure of the bridge built decades ago failing have to do with the SNP or the Scottish government? It will affect the economy while the bridge is out of action but Scotland will recover, it always has. Nobody is asking you for anything, far less sympathy.
This was not a political debate, simply someone commenting on the traffic issues caused by the bridge being closed to traffic.
I've not posted on this forum for a few months due to the petty bickering and it would appear it hasn't changed. Thanks for reminding me, I'll fuck off back under my rock here in Scotland, thankfully soon to be independent from the UK.
Honda, the power of dreams.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It's no wonder so many people stop posting here when a warning about potential traffic problems gets like this after about 36 hours :laugh:

Which page are we on?
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

africajim wrote: I've not posted on this forum for a few months due to the petty bickering and it would appear it hasn't changed. Thanks for reminding me, I'll fuck off back under my rock here in Scotland, thankfully soon to be independent from the UK.

Bye bye. Use the time under your rock to develop both a sense of humour and proportion. (thumbs)
moto al

Post by moto al »

africajim wrote:As an SNP member I find your comment offensive and small minded. What exactly has the structure of the bridge built decades ago failing have to do with the SNP or the Scottish government? It will affect the economy while the bridge is out of action but Scotland will recover, it always has. Nobody is asking you for anything, far less sympathy.
This was not a political debate, simply someone commenting on the traffic issues caused by the bridge being closed to traffic.
I've not posted on this forum for a few months due to the petty bickering and it would appear it hasn't changed. Thanks for reminding me, I'll fuck off back under my rock here in Scotland, thankfully soon to be independent from the UK.
. Don't leave Jim, 96% here are great guys .and can see other peoples point of view, on the forth bridge closure I was only pointing out about the effect on the SCOTTISH economy . Then the anti Scottish comments came in very sad. :evil:
moto al

Return to “TRAVEL”