The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
stoic

Re: Never Been to The Pyrenees.

Post by stoic »

thanks pat, looks like a very handy resourse
2 wheeled tourist

Post by 2 wheeled tourist »

Hi, never been there either :blush: and I’ve been thinking about going for a few days this summer, there are a few other commitments :unsure: (Nat’ Road Rally and a live-in-person by film director Ken Russell all in the same two weeks…) that need attention but we shall see.
Hey! I'm a tourist. And that's how I like it.
moto al

Post by moto al »

P1010264.JPG
P1010264.JPG (46.49 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
P1010264.JPG
for us won of the best camp sites in the pyrennees, in a village called lles just of the n260 51 ks west from la seu ,direction perpgnan;small site with a great pub ,pool .the mountains in the back ground of s/pool are serra del cadi towards,baracelona .al
Attachments
P1010264.JPG
moto al
moto al

Post by moto al »

P1010381.JPG
P1010381.JPG (38.34 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
moto al
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Heres a few of my piccies from September 2005 when I disapeared there on my own to chill for a week! Wild camped a few nights & that was amazing. There is something so magical about the Pyrenees compared to the Alps IMHO! I just keep getting drawn back all the time.

Your all in for a great treat :) :)
Pyrnees sept05 016.jpg
Pyrnees sept05 016.jpg (73.41 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Pyrnees sept05 017.jpg
Pyrnees sept05 017.jpg (59.48 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Pyrnees sept05 020.jpg
Pyrnees sept05 020.jpg (62.5 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Pyrnees sept05 021.jpg
Pyrnees sept05 021.jpg (53.4 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Pyrnees sept05 026.jpg
Pyrnees sept05 026.jpg (66.93 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Wow great pics, never been but its at the top of the list for this summer. If anyone wants to buddy up and head over there for a week late August, early September time let me know.

Mr Dean, i've PM'd you.
Real men ride twins ;-)
Mr Dean

Post by Mr Dean »

Jim Lovell wrote:

Mr Dean, i've PM'd you.
Thanks Jim you should have a PM returned :) :) :)

Thanks all for the great Input, fntastic pictures :) A lot of info their Pat thank you :)
I like it here [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm enjoying the BMW F800GS :-) (The Grey one) B) :-)

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hi Guys and Gals,

I've just been introduced to this 'ere excellent Forum by my mate Barcelona Pat while we had a coffee on his way to Bilbao. With a bit of luck he should be enjoying one of my 'Ace Rides' along the Pyrenees as I write this!

Thanks for you're comments on my somewhat ongoing blog/site. I've lived in spain for nearly fifteen years and have been chugging around here for about as long again. There's so much to do and see it's really amazing - more so that so few people cross the mountains unless they're on their way to Morocco!

My holiday cottage is just down the sierra from Claramunt (see Stoic's post above). The sierra is known as 'La Terreta'and there are numerous abandoned villages there - and amazing rides to reach them! - download the map!

In fact Claramunt isn't abandoned, there's a raher barking shepherd there who suffers from Diogenes syndrome, manifested ij his keeping about 300 stray dogs in his yard - I'm not kidding! - so it's not the best place to free camp.

Instead trace the lane from Claramunt (town Tremp) back to the C1311 (search the amazing Catalan Cartographic Institute's map here) head east to the turning for el Meüll, then on to Castellnou de Montsec (birthplace of one Gaspar Portolá - founder of California!). This is all off-road. Then follow the lane to Sant Esteve de la Sarga, but here double back west towards Alzamora but turn off at the Coll de Fabragada and head towards the summit ridge of the Sierra de Montsec - all this is asphalt. At the top, the Coll de Arés, head east along the unmarked trail to the summit itself the Sant Alis (1676m) - NB go past the summit and double back!

Now that's what I call a good place to freecamp. I'd see you there on Midsummer's eve if I wasn't going to be somewhere else - some distance away!

Enjoy!

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
stoic

Post by stoic »

hi, right enough there were quite a few dogs near the caravan below the village

me and my mate bob [gs80 pd] were, map in hand taking in the sights and we rode the trail from the north of the veiwpoint you have shown and down the other side. truely a great ride and veiws. the photo was taken by the fire watch guy.
on a lower level southside on the road the hand glider folks were doing their thing taking off soaring majestically ahhhh1

so thanks simon for stirring my memory

Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

You're more than welcome! B)

See below for the broader picture for the rest of our readers:
Luxmontsec.jpg
Luxmontsec.jpg (151.68 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Regs

Simon

PS - now that Pat is safely on his way to the Frozen North, I, in my wisdom, am going for a day out tomorrow in Los Monegros, between Lleda and Zaragoza - just about the only desrt type landscape in Europe (although technically it's not a desert - it rains about 2mm too much to qualify!) - on the hottest predicted April day on record! Oh well, me and my big ideas!
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “TRAVEL”