Canada 2023 bike shipping

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
flipflopdog

Canada 2023 bike shipping

Post by flipflopdog »

Just want to plant an acorn here for anyone who has been thinking of riding in Canada and shipping there bike over. The following is part of a quote from an agent (in Hamburg) I've been chatting too via email :

"This year we had a chance to combine the requests of several travelers and send the motorbikes in a Exclusiv-Container for motorbikes in April, May. Maybe this is an option for you as well?

Lets keep in touch, End of the year, begin of 2023 we might have some more requests and could plan a container again"

At this stage it's purely gathering interest but for sure if the container can be filled then the price will be reduced perhaps.....
OnHellas

Re: Canada 2023 bike shipping

Post by OnHellas »

If you are UK based have a chat with Roddy and Cathy at Moto Freight.
I and others on here have used their services and all have nothing but good things to say about them.
They have arranged both Sea freight and airfreight for me in the past.
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

OnHellas wrote:If you are UK based have a chat with Roddy and Cathy at Moto Freight.
I and others on here have used their services and all have nothing but good things to say about them.
Hello, yes your not wrong, I've engaged with Cathy quite a bit over getting to Canada and almost pulled the trigger on airfreight back in 2020 before covid destroyed our TCAT trip. MF are really easy to deal with and had a few quotes from Cathy in Jan/Feb this year but rates were still extortionate so we cancelled 2022. I might approach them again, if they were only several hundred quid over for a container I'd definitely go with MF.....

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

flipflopdog wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:22 am
OnHellas wrote:If you are UK based have a chat with Roddy and Cathy at Moto Freight.
Hello, yes your not wrong, I've engaged with Cathy quite a bit over getting to Canada and almost pulled the trigger on airfreight back in 2020 before covid destroyed our TCAT trip. MF are really easy to deal with and had a few quotes from Cathy in Jan/Feb this year but rates were still extortionate so we cancelled 2022. I might approach them again, if they were only several hundred quid over for a container I'd definitely go with MF.....

In my experience, although airfreight is more expensive upfront it is usually a much more all inclusive fee.
Sea freight seems to have a lot more added costs at landing.

When we sea freighted two bikes to Australia back in 2018 the fees once the container made it to Sydney were nearly as much as the freight charge itself.
We did use the services of a freight clearance company so it may have been cheaper to have done it ourselves.

Airfreight is also more likely to get your bike to where you want it on your timeframe, obviously.

I do know that airfreight charges went crazy because of Covid but hopefully things will settle down as time goes on.

The US is a truely great place to travel on your bike, fingers crossed that your trip plan becomes a trip reality.

Oh, one last thing. If Roddy advises against airfreighting to JFK New York….listen to him. I didn’t, and whilst it’s another story it wasn’t fun at the time!!
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Looking at Airfreighting with Motorcycle Express at moment to Montreal and riding to Eastern tip (Signal Hill) for launch... I will however definitely cross reference with MF before any coin is layed down deffo, appreciate your input thanks...

Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

flipflopdog wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:37 pm Looking at Airfreighting with Motorcycle Express at moment to Montreal and riding to Eastern tip (Signal Hill) for launch... I will however definitely cross reference with MF before any coin is layed down deffo, appreciate your input thanks...

We flew our bikes from Paris to Montreal with Motorcycle Express using Transat Airlines.
I can’t recommend it enough - quickest and cheapest, there are lots of problems with shipping at the moment.
RichP

Post by RichP »

Four of us were hoping to get our bikes shipped to Calgary next year to ride the Continental Divide Trail. Unfortunately Calgary is an awful long way from Montreal ! Air Canada used to offer a Fly Ride service but this was suspended when Covid hit and they don't know when or if it will resume :(
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Contact Carrie at Motorcycle Express - they fly to other parts of Canada, not just Montreal, as well as the US.
Check out the website. I did lots of research on this.
RichP

Post by RichP »

Flipflop wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:15 am Contact Carrie at Motorcycle Express - they fly to other parts of Canada, not just Montreal, as well as the US.
I've been in touch with them and I've been added to the list of people for quotes once routes/prices have been announced for2023.
Thanks for the heads up :D
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

RichP wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:57 am
Flipflop wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:15 am Contact Carrie at Motorcycle Express - they fly to other parts of Canada, not just Montreal, as well as the US.
I've been in touch with them and I've been added to the list of people for quotes once routes/prices have been announced for2023.
Thanks for the heads up :D
Carrie is brilliant 👍

Return to “TRAVEL”