Riding in Spain - Medical Insurance Cover Winter 20/21

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
DRRL

Riding in Spain - Medical Insurance Cover Winter 20/21

Post by DRRL »

Hi All, Has anyone else spent hours trying to secure travel insurance which includes medical cover for rider and pillion in Spain. Complications of course are Covid and FCO advice plus EHIC card for EU medical cover after Brexit 1.1.21 onwards?.My motorbike IAM insurance covers me and they have even given me a Green Card fo the period post 1.1.21. I have found a general single trip Travel Insurance policy with ( insurefor ) but they do not provide medical cover for use of the motorbike. Is anyone else trying to achieve the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snaf MKII

Re: Riding in Spain - Medical Insurance Cover Winter 20/21

Post by Snaf MKII »

Try here https://www.holidaysafe.co.uk/quote/?niche=true
We've had annual cover from them for many years but never had to claim.
tuftywhite

Post by tuftywhite »

I've used Holiday Safe for years.

Never had to claim but they seem to provide excellent cover.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I currently have medical cover through my bank account (Nationwide). Whether this will still apply or cost me more after January I am not sure. I would expect all medical insurance for UK residents travelling to the EU to go up as at the moment the insurers know that a significant proportion of medical care, especially for emergencies is covered by the EHIC. I shall pass on my thanks to Nigel et al when I have to pay it.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Jak* wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:22 am I currently have medical cover through my bank account (Nationwide). Whether this will still apply or cost me more after January I am not sure. I would expect all medical insurance for UK residents travelling to the EU to go up as at the moment the insurers know that a significant proportion of medical care, especially for emergencies is covered by the EHIC. I shall pass on my thanks to Nigel et al when I have to pay it.
:x
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Jak* wrote:I currently have medical cover through my bank account (Nationwide). Whether this will still apply or cost me more after January I am not sure. I would expect all medical insurance for UK residents travelling to the EU to go up as at the moment the insurers know that a significant proportion of medical care, especially for emergencies is covered by the EHIC. I shall pass on my thanks to Nigel et al when I have to pay it.
Mr Farage has been a great bloke
All this has done is to increase costs & complexity to all, individual consumers and businesses
Thank you Nigel, we will be eternally in your debt
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “TRAVEL”