Is Bennets Multibike actually worth it?

Bikers and riding
Geecee68

Is Bennets Multibike actually worth it?

Post by Geecee68 »

In the middle of 2022 I put my 3 bikes on the Bennets Multibike set up. I'm now thinking its not actually worth it, and I should have just always shopped around.

I see 3 problems.

Whenever you want to change a bike, you can't do it online...you have to call. It took 2 minutes to get through their recorded blurb before I could speak to someone.
To change any details, you have to pay £30 (might be £25) as a change fee.
When you swap in a new bike, you are taking their, ond only their, insurance quote. Its not the free market, and in my experience not competitive.

Anyone else have a view?
catcitrus

Re: Is Bennets Multibike actually worth it?

Post by catcitrus »

I was originally with Carole Nash 6 wheel for a van and 3 bikes--primarily because of the extent of the cover. At the last renewal it got a lot more expensive so I insured the van separately, and the now the 2 bikes with Mackenzie Hodgson(actually run under the same system as Carole Nash but better cover and cheaper by quite a way). This year my van has gone up without a discount, and shopping around Carole Nash is not that much more expensive than all those on quotezone etc when you start adding EU breakdown, legal and so on, and it covers European travel. My bike insurance is about half the van and has actually gone down slightly from last year. Shopping around is a real PITA but worth it--its a toss up between cost and the reliability of the organisation providing the cover--at least CN are not a fly by night affair and have treated me fairly via their actual insurance companies when I was T boned back in 2018.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

For the legal expenses part of your insurance it may be worth having a look at the RAC.
They offer a policy to cover the person rather than each individual vehicle for about £20 from memory.

That was better than paying it for both bikes with LV at £18 each and another £25 for the car.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I had 2 bikes with Bennett’s as you say they make their money from “adjustments” when it was due for renewal I did the comparison sites & eventually went with Swinton, I cancelled the policy when I sold the bike & decided to have a bit of time without a bike, I was due £78 refund BUT Swinton’s took £40 for the cancellation which I did via online chat, I received £38, Devitts when I was with them didn’t charge for adjustments I should’ve stayed with them, by enlarge the cheaper firms hope you make a few alterations during its term.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Bennetts cover seemed to be very comprehensive, but perhaps a bit overkill if you don't actually use it (but peace of mind, of course)
what i found with a multicover is that your added bike/s do not accrue ncd of their own.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

OnHellas wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:29 am That was better than paying it for both bikes with LV at £18 each and another £25 for the car.
LV are stopping doing motorbike insurance. :(
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Oop North John wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:35 am
OnHellas wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:29 am That was better than paying it for both bikes with LV at £18 each and another £25 for the car.
I know, and it’s a shame as I’ve found them very easy to deal with over the last few years.
Simple quotation process with no added ‘free this, free that’ BS.
Simple midterm changes too.

Hey ho, let’s see what happens in April when my policy runs out.
Do you know if they are recommending another provider or is it a case of jumping back in the shark tank?
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

OnHellas wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:25 am
Oop North John wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:35 am
I know, and it’s a shame as I’ve found them very easy to deal with over the last few years.
Simple quotation process with no added ‘free this, free that’ BS.
Simple midterm changes too.

Hey ho, let’s see what happens in April when my policy runs out.
Do you know if they are recommending another provider or is it a case of jumping back in the shark tank?
I don't know as I sold my bike and am not picking a new one up till Spring next year.
Toe

Post by Toe »

I'm with BeMoto. Worked out cheaper than separate policies.
Same deal having to call to change details or bikes though but they don't charge a fee for the changes.
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”