Fair and proportionate sentence...

Bikers and riding
Hall

Re: Fair and proportionate sentence...

Post by Hall »

And they say the speeding evidence was gathered from the bike , we have all been silly on bikes at some stage and he has paid the ultimate price
RIP
Aka "jkay"
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I wonder at the mental gymnastics that thought it appropriate to charge Clover with causing death by dangerous driving?

If he'd been a passenger in a car that the other guy was driving, and the other guy had died in similar circumstances but Clover had escaped...would they have charged him then?
Richard Simpson Mark II

Hall wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:20 am And they say the speeding evidence was gathered from the bike , we have all been silly on bikes at some stage and he has paid the ultimate price
RIP
You'd be amazed at how much info can be gathered from a modern vehicle's ECUs. Then add in the data from sat navs and mobiles...

Let's be careful out there...
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

So they dropped the original charge of 'causing death by dangerous driving' and acknowledged that he played no part in causing his friend's death and the charge was reduced to 'dangerous driving' to which he pleaded guilty and he still got a 10 month prison sentence. That doesn't seem right, to me.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Richard Simpson Mark II

People who have robbed or assaulted other people have got less.
It was essentially a speeding offence...I wonder even why it was before a judge and not a magistrate.

In other news, the Police Commissioner in Nottingham has been caught speeding five times in 12 weeks...she stood on a platform of 'zero tolerance of speeding' .

Six month's ban and £2450 fine. Seems a bit light to me, but then she is who she is, and she is married to a Tory MP.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2022-0 ... five-times

Perhaps she should buy a bicycle and work some of the pork off?

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”