Recommend me a weekend away

Bikers and riding
bond_yzf

Recommend me a weekend away

Post by bond_yzf »

Misses birthday next month and we wanna head somewhere in the uk for a long weekend on the bike.

Gimme some suggestions!
Billy Bananahead

Re: Recommend me a weekend away

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Yorkshire Dales/Forest of Bowland.
Adult only site, no tents. Pods and lodge. ??? Worth a look. I go here but take a caravan and bike in the van.
https://www.willowbeckfarm.com/
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Sounds lovely!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

We've just come back from Newtown (mid Wales) stopped here https://www.maesmawrfarm.co.uk/
4 berth lodge with hot tub on the decking and 10 days of cracking weather. Took 2 bikes in back of van and covered everywhere from Ludlow to Aberystwyth and Malvern to Dolgellau, mach loop, Long mynd, Bala etc etc and only 3 hours from South Leicestershire.
No family entertainment on site so mainly couples without kids.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

I am heading up north in Scotland at the beginning of May, Loch Ness, Ulapool and beyond, just getting a bit nervous of another lock down.
I will be on my S10, but remember its not about the bike, its all about the journey and the people you meet on the way.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

It depends whether you want to stay in a town or out in the sticks and whereabouts you live. If you want to stay in a town with good roads not far Harrogate is great. We got a good deal a the White Hart hotel and the Blues Bar down the road is great. Shrewsbury is also a nice town with lots of good pubs and restaurants with the Welsh border roads just outside.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Cardigan Bay, West Wales, is lovely. Some 'great biking roads' around, including the coast road, and Devils Bridge. Amazing sea...it's a marine nature reserve and there are seals, dolphins etc. Great food at St Dogmels Farmers Market. Loads of holiday cottages to chose from.
Used to live there before we moved to Cornwall.
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Jak* wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:53 am It depends whether you want to stay in a town or out in the sticks and whereabouts you live. If you want to stay in a town with good roads not far Harrogate is great. We got a good deal a the White Hart hotel and the Blues Bar down the road is great. Shrewsbury is also a nice town with lots of good pubs and restaurants with the Welsh border roads just outside.
+1 for Shrewsbury. Didn't cook once, the pub food was great.

tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Dragon Hotel in Montgomery. Great little ex county town, no bigger than a village. Castle to look around and great roads in just about every direction. Offas Dyke within sptting range of it as well. Pool as well:

https://www.dragonhotel.com/index.html
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

anywhere in Wales except the S.E or NE perhaps. Devon and Cornwall before the hordes. Lake District. a bit predictable.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”