Navigation rally groups / clubs?

Bikers and riding
HarveyCamm

Navigation rally groups / clubs?

Post by HarveyCamm »

Hi all
Does anyone know of any other groups / clubs / organisations that organise UK roadbook navigation rally events like rallymoto.co.uk?
To be clear I've nothing against Burt & Co they put on some great events, I'm just curious for more events throughout the year :)

Cheers
Harv
bill_qaz

Re: Navigation rally groups / clubs?

Post by bill_qaz »

Rally of Discovery last one was yorkshire pre covid
https://m.facebook.com/pg/Yorkshire-Ral ... 5/reviews/
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Special test at last YROD
IMG-20190514-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190514-WA0007.jpg (137.06 KiB) Viewed 2214 times
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Lunch stops at Devon ROD
Attachments
075.jpg
075.jpg (103.97 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
RoD 047.jpg
RoD 047.jpg (155.93 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

Looks great, you can just about smell the Ibruprofen in the air - my sort of event :lol: :lol:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

See also the Tamar Trial thread.

There is a class for modern bikes over 500 cc, and at the recent event a pair of Rickman Triumphs and (the original Adventure bike) a Triumph TR5T Adventurer were taking part in the British section. They all finished. The best British bike was a BSA C15 250.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

There's a big difference between the roadbook events and the ROD type thing where there are many points to be visited but you have to plan your own route between them. Are you specifically wanting a rally type roadbook, there were some small groups of rally riders who organised informal rides with roadbooks but I've not been on one for a while and have lost contact with the people that did them. Donna Grey springs to mind but I don't know what she's doing these days, Chris Cork might be worth a call as he's still rally active or just speak to people at the Rallymoto events. Does Rallymoto still have a forum, it became part of the paid for membership and I dropped out of it.
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

Hey Snaf
I've never done a Rally of Discovery so that'd be something new to try. I've done some t'internet searching and I'm surprised that there only seems to be RallyMoto in the roadbook game so I thought I'd ask the ABR collective who know a bunch of wise stuff :-)
RallyMoto do have a members forum on Facebook. I've had a couple of goes at the MCC Lands End but rather than use their raw text directions I made a tulip roadbook which I could more easily follow - a lot of reading at 3am on Bodmin moor and my brain don't mix well :lol:

Cheers
Harv
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Have you looked at the Rally Duck site? https://www.rallyduck.co.uk/ It looks like Facebook will have more info. I've just applied to join the Facebook group. I only know of them from watching Bodge Tape Adventures on YouTube so not sure if it's what you're after but after doing a couple of the Rally Moto events myself I might fancy some more of that type.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”